Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What is the Most Secure Domain Registrar ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanreg

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is the most secure domain registrar ?

I've heard that Fabulous has an "executive lockdown" type of thing, but I never heard of Fabulous before

Any other suggestions?

Gotta lock down some domains

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you're looking to buy and sell domains then you should consider using Moniker / GoDaddy. Both registrars allow free account creating.

scanreg

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm familiar with GD and I've read varying things about Moniker (some are worrisome)

What I'm looking for is a very stable and very very secure registrar, one that can really lockdown a domain but still be reliable if I need to change minor stuff like DNS

I've also read a little about Register.com, that they have a "hard lock" that requires fax validation and stuff

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your registrar is only as secure as your email and its password, and your wisdom not to fall for scam emails etc..

- Don't use a free email service as your registrar contact (GD and Moniker let you use a seperate one as the registrar contact).
- Never click on any links in an email. If you get an email from them, go to their site and go though the normal login proceedured.
- If you do notice a scam email, forward it to their fraud department (fraud@ or abuse@) with full headers

scanreg

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks both :)

I know I'm not going to set up my own registrar service at least for now (who knows, might in the future)

What about Register.com?

I've read that they have a "hard lock" feature that you can request over the phone

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks both :)

I know I'm not going to set up my own registrar service at least for now (who knows, might in the future)

What about Register.com?

I've read that they have a "hard lock" feature that you can request over the phone

Any suggestions?

Thanks

unless you own some domains that someone has been trying to steal, then most mainstream registrars will do

locking your doman is the "key" to prevention of theft

but i heard it's hard as hell to get a domain from two cows (tucows), if you want to try them

enom, namecheap, dotster, moniker, fab, domainsite, eurodns, idotz, dynadot, used em all never an issue,

i didn't include godaddy, because they won't/haven't proactively register/registered any of the typo domains that are being used, in attempts to "phish" account passwords from their users

imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom