Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

what is the record price for an .INFO domain sold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here are some of the top 2012 .info sales

Divorce $10,250 Nov 12
Restaurantes $13,096 Oct 12
Internet $11,868 Sep 12
Lotto $19,500 Feb 12
PayDayLoans $10,000 Jan 12
Bruno $11,801 Oct 11

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Past sales figures are meaningless, it's what their selling for TODAY is what matters.

Here are some of the top 2012 .info sales

Divorce $10,250 Nov 12
Restaurantes $13,096 Oct 12
Internet $11,868 Sep 12
Lotto $19,500 Feb 12
PayDayLoans $10,000 Jan 12
Bruno $11,801 Oct 11

Useful

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just sold divorce.info for over $10k a few weeks ago, and I sell .info's for reasonable prices every month. The people saying they don't sell have no idea what they're talking about.

moreuplink

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i just acquired gamble.info from the auction ( sunrise auction).

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GaetanoMarano, I basically agree w/DomainMagnate's comment below here but sometimes you will find good NNN.info's selling for a lot (area codes are always hot) and even LLL.info's, but "good" for a .info doesn't necessarily mean "good", lol, their threshold is much lower for sure, their value plummeted since 2009 or so, many decent ones can even be handregged these days as they were left to expire

average .info's are worthless, sorry. Only premiums, one words have some value

moreuplink

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i recently got Gamble.info from Sunrise registry auction and they auctioned around 60 of those one word names.Cancer.info was sold for 16k.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. I'll take a bad extension like .info rather than wasting $ on .pw or some other loser extension. Even .biz and .us are considered inferior to .info. After com, net and org the extension that follows (4th in importance) is info, but .info domains cannot be sold well unless they're really hot or some end user really wants them

The other possible exception (an extension that may be better than .info) is .co which when introduced in July 2010 had high expectations. I pre-regged a few with GD and sold a couple for decent prices, I still own some, but ended up dropping a couple too. The expensive reg fee had something to do with it. But it was the only serious extension ever that came close to .com, many thought that in just one year .co names would displace .net and .org and .co would become 2nd only to king .com, but that didn't happen .....lol, far from it...

personally I think that a good .info is better that some new TLD domains that aren't easy to understand if not (always) "explained" (like e.g. .PW)

moreuplink

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My feeling is after so many extension, dot com will still be the king and there is no replacement for that. And after talking to couple of Google Folks,it seems like their software is build for only dot com. Because dot com get it's good ranking faster than any other extensions.Plus it's easier to sell your web site with good dot com domain name. All the cities with Realestate in it are the best one's like Denverrealestate.com..

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Premium terms will always sell for premiums - despite the extension.
Each gTLD has it's own roof in terms of upside - .COM being almost limitless.

.NET/.INFO/.ORG and a bucketload of other extensions have all enjoyed 5-6 figure sales. The key is marrying an ultra premium keyword with a end buyer that needs that name at just the right time.
By diversifying in premium keywords across extensions, you increase chances of the above scenario happening more frequently.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't agree totally. I've actually owned killer names, real prime domains, in .biz and .us for example and no one has ever offered me one buck for them, I dropped them. I'm lucky enough not to have dabbled in other boutique extensions except for .CC names that are two-char, those sell surprisingly well in China and the fact many more mainstream extensions don't allow 2-char names has something to do with it, but .cc names are so expensive to carry

Take .biz. You'd think IceCreamParlor.biz or SouthSideRealty.biz would go well with the public, but those names would probably fail. And .us is a ccTLD most Americans actually run away from lol. Unlike other countries where their ccTLDs have been more embraced. I get amazed at how much .ca names get traded, that was one ccTLD that apparently worked. Most people cannot name a successful .BIZ or .US site or business. In fact, they will ruin the domain any way you look at it. They turn people off, like even some ccTLDs can. Just like a hyphen.

.net can't escape the 'poor cousin' syndrome, no one hopes to get a .net because their venture is online or has to do w/digital anymore. The .org names sell well if they fit the purpose but they're not suitable for so many things. But any really high .net or .org sales are more the exception rather than the rule

As for any other extension (including .info and most ccTLDs) consider yourself most lucky if you strike gold at some point. I carried .DE and .CO.UK domains at some point as the most popular and successful ccTLDS, and still I had to let a few expire, I could not sell, I now just own a few

If .CO could not do it as good as it was, probably no other extension in future years can

:wave:

Premium terms will always sell for premiums - despite the extension.......NET/.INFO/.ORG and a bucketload of other extensions have all enjoyed 5-6 figure sales. The key is marrying an ultra premium keyword with a end buyer that needs that name at just the right time........By diversifying in premium keywords across extensions, you increase chances of the above scenario happening more frequently.

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry, we're not on the same level when talking about killer names. I'm not talking about domains on quality par with IceCreamParlor.biz or SouthSideRealty.biz

I am referring to category-defining domains like Asbestos.info, Finance.us, Games.info, Auto.org, Health.info etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators