Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

what is vice name ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
hi, can anyone tell me what is " vice name ", as afternic declined to list some names as they are "vice names" :uhoh:

thanks

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Afternic is slow sometimes. They refused to list a name of mine because it had "oral" in it.

Even though the name is oraltestosterone.com and has not one bit of adult inkling to it.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When Afternic went to a "no adult or gambling" policy, many of us pulled all our business away from them, with one for certain who will never return...

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Afternic is slow sometimes. They refused to list a name of mine because it had "oral" in it.

Even though the name is oraltestosterone.com and has not one bit of adult inkling to it.

I have few domains with the word Sensex (India,s Stock Market Indicator , just like Dow is in the USA) which were not listed rightaway. However after review Afternic realised that it had nothing to do with Sex . :lol: . Later on they listed my domains.

URLtrader

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi, can anyone tell me what is " vice name ", as afternic declined to list some names as they are "vice names" :uhoh:

thanks

vice (vīs)

n. An evil, degrading, or immoral practice or habit.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Once it took them almost 2 months to get around to reviewing one of my names...

David @ NameMedia

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

We review all names through both an automated and human perspective. If you have any questions regarding the name or status of the name, feel free to email us or call us.

With regards to definition:

We look at each names on domain by domain basis. From a general perspective:

1. Adult Names, have a very tight policy on. When reviewing we look at the domain name and we will review the content of the site if there are any questions.
2. Gambling Names. For names promoting online gambling, we will take off the site. For names that promote gambling equipment, gambling destinations (i.e., Las Vegas), etc - we are allowing these names.

If there are any further question, feel free to contact me by PM or email dhauser (at) namemedia.com.

All the best,

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom