Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What is w/OVT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrejc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've seen this term in many forum posts and got main idea what it is, but I would like to know what exactly w/OVT is. I tried googleing, but couldn't find right definition anywhere.

I also would like to know how domain value depends on it's w/OVT.

Thank you

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OVT Stands for Overture score.

http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/

Searching "a1 super cloners" will get you an overture score showing how many times the term "a1 super cloners" was searched that month.

searching "a1supercloners.com" will get you an OVT With extension score meaning that the term "a1supercloners.com" was searched that many times a month. basically this means that users searched the website domain directly not the keywords.

there is alot of info about overture scores on here, do a quick search on dnforum and you will find all your answers

andrejc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But how do I know if some .com domain has type-in traffic?
If (for example) term "online poker cheating" has good overture score, does it mean that domain "onlinepokercheating.com" has many type-ins?

Thank You

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you type in "onlinepokercheating.com" and Oveture brings back nothing, then most likely no one was searching for the domain, probably just the keywords associated with it.

This is why OVT w/EXT domains sell fast usually, because regardless of what the domain is, it's obviously got people looking for it, for whatever reason.

andrejc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tnx.

Do you know any free search tool (like Oddity Software) that shows only domains with good OVT score?

duceman

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But how do I know if some .com domain has type-in traffic?
If (for example) term "online poker cheating" has good overture score, does it mean that domain "onlinepokercheating.com" has many type-ins?

Thank You

The Million dollar question.

Welkin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you type in "onlinepokercheating.com" and Oveture brings back nothing, then most likely no one was searching for the domain, probably just the keywords associated with it.

This is why OVT w/EXT domains sell fast usually, because regardless of what the domain is, it's obviously got people looking for it, for whatever reason.

And the Million dollar answer. :eyebrows:

andrejc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
then most likely no one was searching for the domain, probably just the keywords associated with it.

But why would anyone search for a domain? It's much easier to type it in address bar directly...

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But why would anyone search for a domain? It's much easier to type it in address bar directly...

I only type in domain with extension of sites I no exist, I use google for all other searches, also having an overture score with ext is no guarentee that name gets traffic because score can be manipulated so you want other sources also to help verify traffic like overture without ext too and google, and if it has a hyphen disregard altogether
good luck

andrejc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Could you explain me diference between w/OVT, OVT with ext, OVT without ext...etc?

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Could you explain me diference between w/OVT, OVT with ext, OVT without ext...etc?

overture with extension is when you type domain with ext in overture search box. ie: cars.com so it looks like around 200 thousand people typed in cars.com but if you typein cars in overture without the ext it looks like 3.5 million people typed cars in there browser without the .com

levanle

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OVT Stands for Overture score.

http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/

Searching "a1 super cloners" will get you an overture score showing how many times the term "a1 super cloners" was searched that month.

searching "a1supercloners.com" will get you an OVT With extension score meaning that the term "a1supercloners.com" was searched that many times a month. basically this means that users searched the website domain directly not the keywords.

there is alot of info about overture scores on here, do a quick search on dnforum and you will find all your answers

Where do they count the search? Google, Yahoo, ... or all of them?

david4

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thankx for explaining. Useful!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
since many "newbie's" ask this question, I have made it a sticky for a while.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
need help -
if i have a two word domain- do i put it in as wordword, or word word-
and when i do word word, one of the words comes up with all sorts of numbers: the word was risk and it looked like this:

Count Search Term
8110 risk management
6198 risk assessment
4727 risk
3907 fire risk assessment
3459 risk compliance jobs
1593 workplace risk assessment
930 fire risk assessment software
858 risk assessment software
772 risk assessment form
753 product risk assessment
605 high risk loan

there was more, it was a long list. the second word was "now"-

Count Search Term
18345 listen now shakin stevens
9693 now
7463 64 now
6664 abs cbn now
5938 now thats what i call music
3526 big brother where are they now
3232 now 65
2032 money now
1868 apocalypse now
1801 63 now
1641 the power of now
1571 now magazine
1402 dont stop me now
1308 news now

what does all this mean? risknow.com brought up nothing, as it is just a domain, no links no traffic yet. but is it a good keyword site then?
help????????

mgstudent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for making this sticky - that's how I spotted it... I've just a couple of questions about this, folowing on from the last poster.

I was messing around with words in the overture tool, and noticed in the list that "word1 word2" gave 45,000 results.

I don't really like the 2 words, I think that it's the name of a building or something.

Should something like this be picked up immediately if the .com is available? Is 45,000 results pretty good?

As it happens the .com is parked, the .org is being used (which I guess is why people are searching this term), but the .net is available.

I kinda feel like buying the .net.

Things that are on my mind though is that when I search in overture:

"word1 word2" gives 45,000 results
"word1word2" gives 0 results
"word1-word2" gives 0 results
"word1word2.com" gives 0 results
"word1word2.net" gives 0 results
"word1word2.org" gives 0 results

What should I dedce from this info? That word1word2 brings nothing, so it's useless? Or is it good enough that "word1 word2" brings 45,000? Enough for me to buy the .net? Or even in another situation, enough to buy the .com if it was available?

Thanks for any help and your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom