Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What is wrong with Alexa???

Status
Not open for further replies.

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi oh knoweldgeable ones :),

I was just at Alexa doing a few searches and the weirdest thing is happening.

If I type in www.arrivaltimes.com, it comes up with my other domain name vslots.com - the same thing happens when I type in www.clicksunited.com (even using http:// as well).

Can anyone suggest why this is happening?

Thanks,

Debbie

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Debath ... I'm guessing that all your names are on the same IP adresss and you are using Virtual Hosting, versus each domain name having it's own IP address. Alexa may be reading all your names as one. That's my semi-educated guess ...

Shaun

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Shaun, :)

While I really appreciate your post, i'm confused. :)

Why would all the names be on the same IP address? I do use the same host for vslots.com, arrivaltimes.com as well as clicksunited.com - but why would that give the same IP address?

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Debath ... I have all my names on my own dedicated server ... but I use the same IP adress for all my domains (name based hosting) . I have the option to have unlimited IP's from my provider ... but as I don't care about SE ranking etc ... it doesn't matter to me.

I've noticed that many of my names have shared the same Alexa Ranking and "Link Rating" even though they have nothing to do with each other. I'm guessing you are using virtual hosting ... and each of your sites does not have a seperate IP adress assigned to it. Hope I was of help, I'm not an expert...just sort of know how my server works.

Shaun

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi again Shaun, :)

(by the way, I like your signature - makes me hungry) :)

Hmmm - I will have to talk to Stanky re this ... he is the one who hosts all my sites for me.

Thank you for helping me out with this.

Have an excellent night (or day) :)

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom