Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What is wrong with some peoples here??

Status
Not open for further replies.

promonde

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have been a member here for a short while, but I am here several hours every day reading posts etc etc.

It is one thing that have hit me regarding some members of this place:
The prices they demands for domain names, websites or what ever they are selling..! It is often so over-priced that it makes me want to puke..!!

Just now I saw a post where a member asked for OVER $200 for a empty, free phpBB forum with a ugly free skin, no traffic and no registered members at all..! Get real!!

I think that everybody would benefit from using some more realistic prices for their goods.

Just my two cents... And a real New Year Blow Out! I needed to say it....

Happy New Year!

weeps

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A sites worth is different to everyone. There is no reason not to try for the top offers when there are people that usually pay them.

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You should see what people ask at other sites, like sitepoint... ridiculous.

I agree, everyone thinks they can build a site on a weekend and sell it for thousands...

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Buyer beware! This a market with no natural or unnatural regulation, and that means the inmates run the asylum. You gotta take everything with a grain of salt, especially crazy prices for worthless stuff. But, hey, if you believe these prices, I have a bridge to sell you cheap... in San Francisco.. big and orange.. newly painted... 1000 $dnf.

Vivvy

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess, provided there is no fraudulent activity, a seller can ask whatever price they want.

Remember, you can always lower your price if it's too high, but you can't raise your price if it's too low.. No-one is forcing you to buy anything.

:)

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and then we end up with 50 stupid bumps of the seller with crap like "still available", "PMs replied" and stuff like that, when nobody in his right mind would think about buying his site.

Seller can ask whatever he wants for his site? Nope, this isn't Ebay, dude, you can't build a turnkey site in 10 minutes and come here and ask $500 for it.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fryman04 said:
Yeah, and then we end up with 50 stupid bumps of the seller with crap like "still available", "PMs replied" and stuff like that, when nobody in his right mind would think about buying his site.

Seller can ask whatever he wants for his site? Nope, this isn't Ebay, dude, you can't build a turnkey site in 10 minutes and come here and ask $500 for it.
So you're a communist? Welcome to the world of capitalism..

In this game (and any buy-and-sell market) you have to learn to read quickly to filter the crap and spot the bargains. What are you proposing - some sort of magic rules defining what price a domain should be dependant on it's age and development? Sorry, it doesn't work like that, so if you don't like it, don't buy it. There are seperate rules here regarding over-zealous bumping.

banjir.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmmm...its a...free world and everybody is out to make money!! and value is in the beholders eyes ...some might say your post cause them to puke! or worst accuse you of starting a thread to gather DNF $$$..just my 2cent!

Kerry Jones

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Everybody is entitled to ask for what they want for a domain. If your don't like how the trade works simply stop doing it. I'm aware if you get a good domain you can charge thousands and I charge how much I feel the domain is worth.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Exactly, if you think they are asking to much then dont buy that site.

A seller is free to ask whatever he or she wishes provided the facts being provided are true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom