Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

what is your problem with newbies???

Status
Not open for further replies.

limonhost

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes i am a newbie here.

everyday i am learning..

in a few days ago i used a tool "domain age tool" which is in the first page of dnforum and i said that my domain aged which i bought via snapnames a few days ago.

i did not know what you mean by the age. i am a newbie.

some of you called me cheater.

now i bought a good domain which has some traffic and revenue. i want to sell it here. the price of domain is xx.xxx for me. and i said i am selling this price.

now dnforum users attacking me again.
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?p=1241678&posted=1#post1241678

topic moved and some messages deleted and edited so no need to read it now.

why are you so unfriendly ?

what is your problem with me?

you dont like newbies? so stop registration?

you dont Turks? so write it there and i will never come again.

i paid to be here. i am happy to be here. everyday i am learning something but some of you have some problems?

so what is your problem !!

Namebrander

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear youre having issues
newbies are more than welcome as far as im concerned (and im sure that goes for most other members here)
don't let these problems put you off
like you said you paid good money to be here
so best of luck with your endeavours

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes i am a newbie here.

everyday i am learning..

in a few days ago i used a tool "domain age tool" whis is in the first page of dnforum and said a domain aged which i bought via snapnames a few days ago.

some of you called me cheater.

now i bought a good domain which has some traffic and revenue. i want to sell it here. the price of domain is xx.xxx for me. and i said i am selling this price.

now dnforum users attacking me again.
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?p=1241678&posted=1#post1241678

why are you so unfriendly ?

what is your problem with me?

you dont like newbies? so stop registration?

i paid to be here. i am happy to be here. everyday i am learning something but some of you have some problems?

so what is your problem !!

Hi limonhost

First, thing you should understand is that my comments are NOT personal.

Your initail mistake in posting that thread was, not reading the rules for creating threads in the "Traffic" section.

Any and all domains listed there, must receive a "minimum" of "30 visitors per day" and links to "screenshots" of the traffic must be included in the post.
This is a requirement that most newbies and some elder members fail to do, and it annoys others who are really looking to buy some credible traffic names.

Also, to be honest, no one wants to read your personal or financial problems in the context of your sale advertisement. Keep it professional!

Sure there are occassions when "distress" may force a member to liquidate some or all of his portfolio, but to start off with such "blah-blah" usually heightens the "senses" of those who are on the look-out for scams, cheats, and other "bull-crap" in an effort to protect the community.

Again, I'm not saying you are or did anything related to the above, just wanted to give some insight to how things can be perceived.

Hope you get a clear understanding of what I'm trying to say.
If not LMK

Thanks

wael

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To be honest, it's possible that DNForum is not the most newbie-friendly board, not because there is some innate discrimination against newbies, but because (it's my perception) that DNForum has a lot of rules. These rules exist in order to create an atmosphere of trust and to protect domainers; but they can make it difficult for newbies.

Take your time to read the rules of a board carefully before posting.

As far as being Turkish, don't even try that. It has nothing to do with it. There are people of all nationalities and religions here.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

pfft

Once you have been ripped off on the forums you can come back here and tell us that we should trust a 1 month old member with 1 iTrader and 100 odd posts trying to sell an $XX,XXX name.

And very unprofessionally at that!

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks limonhost for opening the discussion.

Somebody has got to tell me how can a so-called 'newbie' with limited language skills obtain a $XX,XXX domain at SnapNames. I don't believe in miracles.

We have got a lot of members from Istanbul posting domains all over DNF, and the origin of the domains is very suspicious.

No solid evidence to back up these accusations but i heard things on other webmaster boards.

Limonhost, what do you think?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To be honest, it's possible that DNForum is not the most newbie-friendly board, not because there is some innate discrimination against newbies, but because (it's my perception) that DNForum has a lot of rules. These rules exist in order to create an atmosphere of trust and to protect domainers; but they can make it difficult for newbies.

Take your time to read the rules of a board carefully before posting.

As far as being Turkish, don't even try that. It has nothing to do with it. There are people of all nationalities and religions here.

Nice reply!

I also like the domain in your sig.

Good idea you got going on the site, glad you are developing it! :)

wael

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks biggedon, I appreciate the comment!

VioxxLawyers, I think your comment is out of line. You wrote: "Somebody has got to tell me how can a so-called 'newbie' with limited language skills obtain a $XX,XXX domain at SnapNames. I don't believe in miracles."

What do his English language skills have to do with it? Do you equate poor English language skills with stupidity? Do you think someone whose English is not perfect cannot navigate the SnapNames interface and bid on a domain?

Domainers come from all over the world and speak many languages.

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No solid evidence to back up these accusations but i heard things on other webmaster boards.
Well until you do have solid evidence why don't you keep it zipped?
I might be wrong here but accusations or inference of wrongdoing when you have no solid evidence is slander, for which I believe you can be sued.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...and dont even get me started about those .mobi guys

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Newbies are a pain in the ass. :)

lol

...and dont even get me started about those .mobi guys

and double lol :)

i remember when i first came here

and i was looking up at those domainers who had all the 3 letter and one word domains....like they were gods or something

all in amazement, the 'awe' of domains....the hidden side, the backdoors of the internet!

i just couldn't wait to register some bullsh*t :ranger:

and post it for appraisal :)

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im a newbie ..

rajeevabc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Limonhost, Everybody is learning. Everybody is a newbie to some extent. Keep learning, be professional and dont take comments personal. BE GAME. Your time will come.

wael

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You know, when I began studying Hapkido (a Korean martial art) the instructor said to me, "In my school, the black belts (the masters) bow to the white belts (the newbies). Beginning a study of martial arts is so difficult and intimidating, that it takes tremendous courage. We bow to the beginner out of respect for that courage."

I love that attitude and I think we need more of that in all fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom