Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What is your take on registering cheap domains (country based)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKumar

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I mean I know a domain registration site where I can register any Indian extension for just around $1.7 so what is your advice on this if I want to register bulk domains and I want to sell them.

What kind of domain should I register so that I would easily make the profit.

After one year the price gets normal around $8/year.

So I want to take benefit of this.

Let me know!

Thanks

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First of all, which site gives initial registration of .in for $1.70? I've been paying more!

Second, as far as advice on what to register ... I should admit that I haven't been domaining as long as some. But I see long lists of really awful domains that people have registered--much worse than my worst!--so I figure I can give a word of caution. If you're going to register .in, (1) try to go for single words or double words but not more; (2) only register words or word pairs that correspond to a product or a professional service that you would buy; (3) don't try to be clever or coin any brand names; (4) check that what you're buying is something that 10,000+ people every month are looking for online in India; (5) Ask yourself is it inevitable that someone else will try to register this domain name?; (6) Avoid particular brands or passing fads and go for something generic and permanent.

Hope this saves you money--and makes you some.

P.S. And I hope you don't buy anything that I later try to register! Oh well, too late ...

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what are the names? tell me so I can buy it before you do lol

This is a good question. I haven't seen .in sold, so don't know if it's a good investment. I wonder if there is any well known .in site out there. If the renewal is still cheap, I wouldn't mind buying a few, maybe for fun and try it out.

If you tried it out and have any result, let us know.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I doubt anybody would contradict me if I said that .in is still a speculative venture. There are great domainers who have decided to opt out of investing in .in right now. Personally, though, I think that, sooner or later it's inevitable that India will overtake many other English-speaking economies; and that means a bigger online presence--complete with English-language domains. Elsewhere on DNForum I quoted some statistics on India (look up w4w.in, w4m.in, m4w.in or else the wikipedia article if you're interested). Basically, do you know what the ratio of English speakers in America is compared to those in India? It's 2 to 1. That means that India has more English speakers than the UK, or Canada, or Australia--which makes sense given India's huge population and history as a British colony. And it's not as if India isn't developing! Probably 1 in 4 students in the Electrical Engineering or Computer Science department at my university were from India. And the professors too. To me all this sounds like a recipe for future online growth and domain investment. Over a billion people ... Whose educated class speaks fluent English ... With Indian newspapers published in English ... Where other economies are outsourcing their computer and tech work ... It stands to reason that Indians will be searching the internet for cars, doctors, jet skis, funeral homes, interior decorators, you name it. And there is only one Jobs.in to be divided between a billion plus people. Supply and demand ...

That's my opinion, of course.

stevenh

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've stopped registering anything but .com's and .info's, though I will jump on .net and .org if they are single searched words, not phrases. It's just too hard to sell anything but a .com with no website, traffic and income history. ROI is everything to serious investors. With that said, why I didn't gobble up all the LLL.coms that were available when I first started (17 years ago) is still giving me wide awake nightmares. In my defense it was over $200 a year to register a name back then.

You can use this tool to scrape through Pools drop list:

http://www.icbbs.com/free-seo-tools/dropped-domain-finder

I've found quite a few decent names for reg with it
cheers <sigh></sigh>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom