Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

what kind of cpm price can i charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
have a new forum that has 20,000 -> 30,000 pageviews a day
number of members 560+
number of posts 5,000+

content is hip hop

banner slots available are top & bottom 468*60 and right hand side 120x600 skyscraper.

banners are shared between 7 advertisement slots (4 on both normal banners and 3 on the skyscraper)

realistically what should i be aiming to charge per 1,000 views on this forum.

also please bear in mind this forum is only 2 weeks old and the rate of growth is increasing on a daily basis.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, a lot will depend upon click-thru ratio. For example, if you charge $5/cpm, and your advertisers get a 1% ctr, then they are getting 10 clicks per thousand impressions and are paying $.50 per click-thru. Check overture to see what kind of prices the top advertisers pay to get clicks on the search terms that would be relevant.

Of course, you probably want to charge some low introductory rates to advertisers just to get them trying out your site. So, even if you think the rate should be $5/cpm, you might offer $2 as an intro. With shared banners, you may not get as high as $5/cpm. A lot will depend on the advertisers.

Perhaps others with high traffic sites can tell you what they receive. Try contacting GregR or Adam to see if they will share with you what they charge/receive on this forum. Check other forums to see if they post their advertising rates.

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Entertainment (hip-hop) sites usually command a $.20 - $.50 CPM.

Not much, I know. But very realistic.

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for the input guys, has given me something to think about...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom