Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What kind of form...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If a programmer is developing a script for you & you want to make sure they don't use it themself or sell/give/trade the script or any part of it to anyone else is there some kind of standard form you can get them to sign to say they won't do this (I'm pretty sure there is one, just can't remember what they're called), or would I need to get something custom drawn up?

Thanks!

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah.. I think thats the one. :)

Thanks!

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Uh, no... An NDA is an agreement not to disclose confidential information, such as trade secrets.

You are looking for a copyright assignment and/or a non-competition agreement.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How about these John..

http://www.ndatemplates.com/

Non-Disclosure and Non-Competition Agreement

.. or would I still need the copyright assignment form?

Thanks!

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what those people are selling, nor do I know whether anything they might have would be applicable or enforcible under Australian law (or the law of the jurisdiction of with whomever you are contracting).

Do you "need" a copyright assignment? I don't know. Do you intend to make copies? Do you want to be able to make modifications later on? In the absence of a written assignment of copyright, the rights are retained by the author, not you. If you do not want the developer selling it to someone else, that would seem to be the most direct route from A to B.

(The questions above are rhetorical, and are things you should consider discussing with your attorney)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom