Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What Multiple Are Folks Buying Parked Domains at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For parked domains w/ traffic and revenue (not websites) ... what is the current annual revenue multiple that folks are paying? i''m not too up on it, but as far as I was aware 8x revenue sticks in my mind as a general rule. maybe that number has dipped in recent years along w/ parking revenue, i just don't know. any feedback appreciated.

Coldforce

Coldforce.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
24-36 months, tm names 10-18 months

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think the last generic "revenue" domain i sold, equaled about 20yrs

though you have to take the value of the name, without earnings, into consideration as well.

a name with no apparent meaning, but earns $...may be worth 10 to 18 months.

it also depends on how much the domain produces and for how long it has been productive.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The probem with domainers who assign such low values based on multiple of revenue is it makes little if any consideration for the INTRINSIC VALUE or end-user benefit of the name. I would never and never have sold a good keyword name in a high value category based on revenue (agree with Biggedon about 20 yrs or more to as much as 50-100 years).

Coldforce

Coldforce.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes of c guys, i agree with you...but what people are paying right now for typos etc are those kinda numbers,,and yes generics of c has another value to them...and yes, the question, for how long will the traffic last? is incredibly relevant to all of this...
my opinion is that the most of the buys at the markte right now (not very big ones tho) happens in 24-36 month range and those are not generic names.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i guess i wasn't thinking so much pure generics or typos. was thinking more about expired domains w/ trafffic/backlinks. thanks for all the feedback so far.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i caught an expired name for $69 @ nj

turned out it makes $10 > $20+ a month on ds

do you think i'd sell it now for 2 yrs rev?

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i caught an expired name for $69 @ nj

turned out it makes $10 > $20+ a month on ds

do you think i'd sell it now for 2 yrs rev?

i dont know. but if you did, would someone buy it?? that is my question. more to the point: would someone jump on it?? We all know how it is selling domains, buyers mostly looking for bargains that they can pick up for peanuts, so there is always a disparity between price expectations. if people are generally paying 2-3 years rev now (as someone above claimed) then where would i expect to see real liquidity as a seller: 1 year rev??? if so, yes that's just plum crazy. (imho)

as regards the name you bought, I'd assume if you bought it for $69 it probably has some value apart from the traffic/revenue, no?

if you plan to own it for 3 years, will it still be paying out at the same level as it is now?

lastly, If you purchased it for $8, would you feel the same?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.....We all know how it is selling domains, buyers mostly looking for bargains that they can pick up for peanuts.....

That's is so correct and why I would rather let me lower income/lower traffic names expire and drop (already doing that a lot) rather than go to the trouble of selling them for peanuts to bottom-feeder domainers.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's is so correct and why I would rather let me lower income/lower traffic names expire and drop (already doing that a lot) rather than go to the trouble of selling them for peanuts to bottom-feeder domainers.

right but what about a domain that's making say, $500/yr in parking. its interesting to think about, but also must be thought about from a practical standpoint. a market exists where buyers and sellers meet. if buyers and sellers do not meet, there is no market. If buyers want to pay only 1x and sellers don't want to sell under 2x - 3x, that makes for a very weak market. buyers obviously don't value the traffic much, and sellers aren't willing to sell at a loss compared to what they would make just by continuing to hold the domain, unless they have an urgent need for a lump of cash now. just thinking/rambling .... (again i am not talking about generics here, just expired domains)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i dont know. but if you did, would someone buy it?? that is my question. more to the point: would someone jump on it?? We all know how it is selling domains, buyers mostly looking for bargains that they can pick up for peanuts, so there is always a disparity between price expectations. if people are generally paying 2-3 years rev now (as someone above claimed) then where would i expect to see real liquidity as a seller: 1 year rev??? if so, yes that's just plum crazy. (imho)

as regards the name you bought, I'd assume if you bought it for $69 it probably has some value apart from the traffic/revenue, no?

if you plan to own it for 3 years, will it still be paying out at the same level as it is now?

lastly, If you purchased it for $8, would you feel the same?

if i posted it for sale, i doubt someone would buy it on the forum for my price and yes, it does have value beyond the traffic.

i plan to own until someone offers enough to entice me to sell it or it stops earning revenue one day in the future.

one thing many don't consider is...a name could make $10 a month this year and make $25 a month next year, the earnings don't always have to go down.

i bought a name on dnf a few years back that was making a few $ a day. then i changed keyword and it started making $$$ a day

one thing i can say, if you read the domains w/traffic threads, anytime there is a goody, it gets snapped up fast.

most of the traffic w/rev names i have, have been earning since early ovt and it doesn't matter if i pay $8 or $800 for a name, the tactics remain the same

I would rather let me lower income/lower traffic names expire and drop (already doing that a lot) rather than go to the trouble of selling them for peanuts to bottom-feeder domainers.

David, i do the same thing :)

right but what about a domain that's making say, $500/yr in parking. its interesting to think about, but also must be thought about from a practical standpoint. a market exists where buyers and sellers meet. if buyers and sellers do not meet, there is no market. If buyers want to pay only 1x and sellers don't want to sell under 2x - 3x, that makes for a very weak market. buyers obviously don't value the traffic much, and sellers aren't willing to sell at a loss compared to what they would make just by continuing to hold the domain, unless they have an urgent need for a lump of cash now. just thinking/rambling .... (again i am not talking about generics here, just expired domains)

think like this...

if you have a name making $500 a month, no market is needed, because that's a domain you don't have to sell.

if i have one that makes $1 a month, i never have to sell it until reg fee reaches $12.01

right now, you'll find more buyers for traffic/rev names than you see sellers offering them.

DnArab.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great thread and replys here :) thanks for all sure , what do you think if you already own some domains made you $30/month and you get revenue for more than 6 months you will keep them in your hands or you will try to sell them and see other new domains from anywhere ?!
i bought a name on dnf a few years back that was making a few $ a day. then i changed keyword and it started making $$$ a day
I do the same in past I think keywords not important just the deafult keywords will be enough but after i do some changing I know the right value for keywords , can you tell me some keywords people love to click when they see it here or via PM ?!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great thread and replys here :) thanks for all sure , what do you think if you already own some domains made you $30/month and you get revenue for more than 6 months you will keep them in your hands or you will try to sell them and see other new domains from anywhere ?!

i would offer them for sale, but if no buyers...again at my price, then i'll keep them and use the revenue earned to make purchases or pay renewal fee's.

can you tell me some keywords people love to click when they see it here or via PM ?!

sorry, any old keyword won't do

it has to relative to the domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom