Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What rules would you like to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

President Gringo

After reading what happened with daPrez, there are some rules i think should be included, and was wondering what others thought should be rules of if they agreed with me or not on the matter.

First, 1 person, 1 ID. Why would you need more? It will just lead to scamming, etc. Theres no real reason why a person should have 2 or more id's.

I would also like to see people banned for abusing the forum rules/members. If it seems like someone is scamming people, then they should be banned to protect the other forum members.

I would also like to see mods moving threads which are posted in the wrong forum to the right forum. It seems some people post threads in the wrong forum simply to get more views etc.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Registration should require you to provide at least 3 domains that you own. Also, each domain should have the same registrant email address. You should sign up using that email address. Then receive an email message to that address requiring you to confirm joining.

RMF

MBZ

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agree totally.

Except I would require registration of only one domain for access
to the board. Maybe make an exception for the legal thread.

1 member, 1 ID.

Multiple ID's = FLAKE.

Multiple flakes = afternic.

DNF is fourtunate to have some very knowledgeable and high
profile contributors, especially in the legal arena. I would hate
to see this resource deteriorate. You are only credible once. :)

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with what you are saying but to implement any of those things would stop the site from growing... i mean almost all newcomers would reach that point and surf on somewhere else... it needs to remain simple... also the amount of work required by gregr to put that into place is huge and would constantly eat up a large amount of his time because due to the constraints of almost all message boards available you can only grant specific abilities to your mods before they need access to the full admin control and in my experience no matter how well i know the mods i wouldnt give them access to absolutely everything on the site.

Just my 0.02c

P

President Gringo

Originally posted by Ciqala
I agree with what you are saying but to implement any of those things would stop the site from growing... i mean almost all newcomers would reach that point and surf on somewhere else... it needs to remain simple... also the amount of work required by gregr to put that into place is huge and would constantly eat up a large amount of his time because due to the constraints of almost all message boards available you can only grant specific abilities to your mods before they need access to the full admin control and in my experience no matter how well i know the mods i wouldnt give them access to absolutely everything on the site.

Just my 0.02c

If you are refering to MBZ or RMF's post, then yes that would be hard to do, but if the mods suspected someone of holding more than 1 id, IP checks would be made, or other detective work could be used (common sense stuff).

Anyone think that maybe we need more mods? Perhaps the site has grown too big too fast and we need more pro-active mods? No disrespect mods, but you guys need to be using your powers more and closing dublicate threads etc.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
My main ID is Azooz - but I use DotComster untill the moderators or Gregg change it or activate Azooz.

Darkfire001

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes 3-Domains is quite steep since I would think that alot of people new to domain selling might only have 1 or 2. Also having multiple names is obviously bad and should stop without much thought. And yes it would be nice if Mod's moved threads more often but that takes time that they could be using elsewhere on the boards.

P

President Gringo

Originally posted by Darkfire001
Yes 3-Domains is quite steep since I would think that alot of people new to domain selling might only have 1 or 2. Also having multiple names is obviously bad and should stop without much thought. And yes it would be nice if Mod's moved threads more often but that takes time that they could be using elsewhere on the boards.

Well if they are moderating the threads, is it hard to move them? I dunno coz i'm not a mod or admin, so i dunno what is involved....but another forum i visit always moves posts to the correct forum.

Darkfire001

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well I know that in PHPBB its a pain in the arse. Because I know that on the 3 Forums I mod in that I read them both with an intrest and with an eye on whats happening. And if I find something bad I have to go into Mod mod. Move it the reload the page and proceed on checking. Or I have to mark the topics on a pad but that doesnt save much time.

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why 1 or 3 or 11 domain names to be a member? That would be to post only? But, anybody can read the boards. Correct?

Posts that are placed in the wrong thread drop to the bottom pretty fast. Moving threads doesn't move me.

1 ID only - absolutely

Other rules to think on:

To appraise you must have at least ?? posts. IE - no new members doing appraisals and make a thread for opinions. The appraisal thread hardly ever has numbers . . just " Oh, I hate that name" or Nice name, keep it"

I ask for opinions when I need them and they always help, but appraisals are, in the final analysis, about numbers.

Appraisals should be controlled as tightly as possible, otherwise they are useless as were ANs.

quack :D

abrams1117

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Note to Newbies:

If you don't own any domains you are not welcome.

P

President Gringo

Originally posted by abrams1117
Note to Newbies:

If you don't own any domains you are not welcome.

Thats a bit harsh isn't it? A newbie wanting to get into this business should visit these forums for at least a few months before purchasing anything.....if DRPiNG done that, he would be $5000 richer right now :laugh:

Fair enough, newbies who own no domains should not post any comments in the apprasal forum, but they should be allowed to visit and post in other forums on this site.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Going back to your original post Pres I agree. Last night's situation whereby an infantile slanging match virtually took over the appraisals section was farcical. All that was needed was one post saying so and so has been banned for doing such and such, end of story.

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting thread. Heres my point.

1. One ID = I'll be the 1st to own up to having multiple names in forums (not this one tho) due to signing up quickly, using 1 of my many free web based emails and for whatever reason forget the password and also the email address used.

2. Domains owned = I came in here when i didnt have any Sure I bought a crappy one soon after, but having a place like this is priceless, and wouldnt like to see a rule regarding # domains hinder access to such a valuable resourse.

3. I would agree with immediate banning regarding senseless personal attacks on another forum member or even spamming. One warning and cya.

I think even newbies have something to offer and a forum like this, everyone at every level can learn something from even a newbie.

Did this make sense ? hopefully some of it.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom