Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What seem to be the current price for 3 Letter Com, Net and Org domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yru

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are some websites that list the market value of 3 letter domains, but they seem outdated

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Varies depending on:

1. Letters
2. Age
3. Traffic
4. Acronym
5. Word/or not
6. Developed or not
7. Availability in other TLDs

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just saw one for $4,500.

So, the new range should be $4,500-$5,000,000. That's assuming John's high is correct.

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wrote a short piece comparing prices for two letter and digit .com, .net, and .org domains a while back.

I need to go and examine the numbers for three letter/digit domains.

Last edited by a moderator:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Can't believe you actually nnnnneeded a separate domain for this type of domain abominnnnnations :D

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just looked at namebio reported sales from 2010 to the present.

For LLL.com, there were 363 sales, average price: $20,749, and median price: $6,000.
For LLL.net, there were 162 sales, average price: $3,015, and median price: $1,231.
For LLL.org, there were 132 sales, average price: $2,556, and median price: $600.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

For NNN.com, there were 37 sales with a median price of $12,579, and an average price of $20,701.
For NNN.net, there were 33 sales with a median price of $1,200, and an average price of $1,563.

There weren't enough NNN.org sales for a meaningful survey. I will look at the data I have from 4.cn and hopefully add it to come up with a more representative sample.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Interesting that from those results the average for NNN.com and LLL.com were only $48 apart. I don't normally go in for these kind of 'appraisals/estimations' but these results look quite respectable.

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting that from those results the average for NNN.com and LLL.com were only $48 apart. I don't normally go in for these kind of 'appraisals/estimations' but these results look quite respectable.

Average sales for NNN and LLL are very close, as you note. Median sales are not. This is because some LLL.com are way more valuable than others, whereas numerics are generally more uniform in terms of quality/price.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when you ask, "what is current price of any category", then you may perceive that you can only sell within those limits.

there was a time when LLL.com ranges were higher than NNN.com

those with the courage and confidence, had to increase prices above the "current high at the time", for the ranges to be where they are now.

just as you will have to push the envelope, so they will be higher in the future.

guide your own roi...

:)

Domain Master

Domain Master
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this might help :)

3character.com/priceguide.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the 5mil$ names have long since been sold or stuffed away..

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a few nice LLL.com left, but the offers above 20k are very rare, the last one I sold was in December for $30k.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For LLL.coms, 100% premium letters sell for around $12k and up, while the lowest tier letters sell for around $4k and up.

Here on the forum though (and on other forums), you won't get even half of the current market price, as people here aren't bidding on any names anymore, even though the market is still hot off the forums.

mave1986

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a fixed range of price for a domain name. Everything depends on the interest level of the buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom