Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What should I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

slavahosting

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
About 2 weeks ago I made a deal with a staff member at a large domain forum to sell him one of the domains I have been brokering. I don't want to give out any names yet, but I might post somethign in the beware of these people forum later if this goes sour.

Heres the begenning of the story. I first posted a list of domains I was brokering similar to what I did here at DNF, I was confronted by a staff member to present proof of ownership or right to sell, this was reasonable request and I understand why a moderator might be conserned with stolen domains beiong sold at the forum. I provided proof by giving link to a site where our conversation between owner and myself to arange me brokering domains, and how I was selected to broker the domains by owner with full permission. I also stated that if more proof was needed that she can contact owner and I gave e-mail address.

Later I made a deal with another staff memebr to sell him one of the domains, I explained to him that I had ability to unlock domains but transfer was approved by owner (prevents any accusationsof stolen domains). He said ok, and I unlocked domain, he made transfer request and it was approved by the domain owner.

I contacted him by e-mail I told him transfer was successful and it was time for him to pay me. He didn't respond. Today I accessed domain, and saw it parked on a PPC domain parking site, with a for sale ad, and PPC ads all over. I sent him an e-mail and told him that as to our agreement I was to transfer domain to him and he was to pay me, I told him I did my part of bargain and he has not held up his. I told him that since he has not paid for the domain, the domain is not his to use and told him that he needed to take the site offline untill he paid me because it is not his before he pays for it.

He replied to me and told me that he is verifying that I have permission of owner to sell the domain, and says he is not paying me untill he has proof. Even though I provided more then enough proof already and the whois admin is the owner. He refuses to take domain offline, continues to advertise it at the PPC site, and is not providing the cash we agreed too.

Can someone advise as too what to do, if more information is needed please ask, but I do not want to give out any names yet in the event that this gets resolved, this is a highly respected member at a large domain forum, which is why I trusted him in the first place, and I don't want to soil his name. Please advise me if what he is doing is a legitimate action, or if he is pulling my leg here.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You should have used escrow - this is a prime example of a sale gone south between an inexperienced broker and a crafty buyer.

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then he shouldn't be respected any longer, because what he did is shameful. If I were you, I would've had the owner talk to him.

slavahosting

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So just to double check, I am in no way at fault here, and he is out of line.

Please verify this for I really don't know if I should make some actions against him.

If I make this public I will more then likely forever ruin his reputation and all of this seems weird because he his trader rating is very good, he has had nothing but good reviews from dozens of people.

Also what would you suggest if he does not send funds as a reasonable action against him?

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As far as I can tell by your explaination he has taken ownership of the domain and most certainly should have paid for it by now , I would demand return of the domain within 24 hours , if the domain is not returned then any action you take is justified.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What good is a reputation if his actions clearly show that he's violating the rules of a transaction? Name and shame him.

slavahosting

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your suggestions on the matter. He has told me that he wants to talk to me tommorrow to resolve this matter. If things go sour I'm gonna follow RADiSTAR's advice. I'm gonna Name and shame him.

He hasent replid to my last e-mail and I sent him another one today saying I'll follow the following actions if he doesent payup or return the domain.

1. Release his name to public and notify as many as possible of what he did
2. Contact his registrar and attmpt to get his account suspended
3. Contact the PPC site he has the domain parked on, and have the account frozen
4. Any other action I deem necessary to fulfill the agreement we had made

Please post your comments on the e-mail I sent him, did I do the right thing, and what else can be done if he still doesent comply to our agreement.

all4cost

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Folks - Allan asked me to Please Reply the Following - As his account here is not Activated Yet ~

IAmAllanShore said:
Hey folks,

I am who slava wants to "shame", but I wanted to take a moment to at least give the other 4/5ths of

the story.

I am username "IAmAllanShore" on NP, to those of you that know me from there, "Hi!" ;)

On June 3rd, Slava showed up in chat advertising "his" domains, and we did come to an agreement about

"FunnyAnsweringMachineMessage.com" , and aggreed that I would purchase it for $30.

After we agreed, there was a long and drawn out period of repeated transfer "issues" with Slava /

Slava's partner (Who I did not know existed until well after I had agreed to purchase the domain,

all the time being told that they were "his". This was not a deal-breaker, however), although

ultimately I did receive the domain name about a week ago.

However, it came to my attention that Slava was committing fraud on NP in a number of ways. I won't

bore any of you with the details, but if anyone doubts me, please feel free to ask any forum staff at

NP, or pm me there. He has some creative stories to explain them, but our evidence IS rock solid,

and NP Staff banned Slava from the forum because of it.

I then began to try to verify ownership of the domains (As multiple dishonest/fraudulent actions by

slava at NP made me suspicious of the rest of his dealings), and was unable to.

At any rate, he refuses to speak by phone, and things have been counterproductive this far by email due to his unwillingness to level with me or anyone else.

I always try my best to do the "right thing", but I refuse to reward fraud. However, in the interest

of showing that I have nothing to gain from this deal, I have started the push of the domain into

Slava's GoDaddy account. It can be there as soon as he accepts it. He gains an extra year on the

domain for free, I'm out a few dollars. While this is not ideal from my point of view, it is the

most "satisfactory" resolution I could come up with. I did not make a dime from the domain during the brief time it was in my possession.

As I have no desire to enter into a "flame-war", this will be my only post here, but I welcome any

comments/questions to contact (-at-) lawdomains.biz .

So there we are, I have been "named" and "shamed", but I hope things are slightly more clear now. Slava, enjoy your domain name, and please enjoy your time at DNF.

Thanks for your time, and best of luck to us all in the days ahead :)

-Allan

Thanks

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don't throw stones....

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
huh? You want brokerage on a $30 domain? I don't quite follow...

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Heh, all this time I was reading it, I thought the domain was in the $xx,xxx area. but it wasnt............

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I do not get was why the transfer of the domain was accepted when payment wsa never received. ::scratches head::

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
slavahosting said:
I explained to him that I had ability to unlock domains but transfer was approved by owner (prevents any accusationsof stolen domains).
Sounds fishy to me, someone gives a broker login access?

IAmAllanShore said:
However, it came to my attention that Slava was committing fraud on NP in a number of ways. I won't bore any of you with the details, but if anyone doubts me, please feel free to ask any forum staff at

NP, or pm me there. He has some creative stories to explain them
You may bore us with the details.

domaintalk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
GI How can $30 is a name he is brokering?
10 % of $30 = $3 lol.
Anyway i was buying a revenue name from this guy for 10k but he always didnt answer the questions i used to ask because he didnt know the answers so i backed out on the deal too few days back.

Regards
VV

slavahosting

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry for slow reply I hadent had a chance to reply in the last few days

~~~~~repeated transfer "issues"

If you are refering to transfer failure which resulted from you not entering transaction codes into DoDaddy that would be an issue at your registrar and thus your problem, unlocked domain and the owner to whom I was brokering approved transfer on both attempts.

~~~~~Slava's partner (Who I did not know existed until well after I had agreed to purchase the domain

Thats a false statement considering I told you domains are being brokered on the day that we made agreement (prior to making final agreement), and when I posted domains at NP I had to verify that I was brokering them and that I had permission from owner to broker.

~~~~~it came to my attention that Slava was committing fraud on NP in a number...evidence IS rock solid

Your evidence was nothing more then accusations more then likely blown out o fproportion due to a vendetta, I provided an explanation to your accusations and a staff member had accepted it. I never attempted to commit fraud and resent anyone who says I have, when you say I commit fraud to my in an e-mail that only I read thats one thing, but publically announcing this wihtout a shred of evidence that is supported beyond my explanation is completely a seperate matter.
Beside the point even if fraudelant activity were to occur(which had not) on my part, I transfered domain to you prior to payment and there was no fraudelant activity clause in our agreement, so anyother reasons why you state for not paying me are irrelevant.

~~~~~I then began to try to verify ownership of the domains

Ownership was proven by the successful transfer of the domain, any other "verification" was an attempt to stall payment

~~~~~he refuses to speak by phone

I never refused to speak on phone, I erely stated I prefer this settled online, I provided several methods of communication including email, AOL, Yahoo, and MSN, apparently not one was suitable to provide a reasonable explanation to your actions

~~~~~I always try my best to do the "right thing"... I have started the push of the domain into Slava's GoDaddy account

Just to make it clear that is the only "right thing" you did since we made the agreement to transfer domains in the first place.

~~~~~I'm out a few dollars

If its not too much trouble for you, you can write me an e-mail with your paypal account and I'll gladely repay any fees associated with this domain. Unlike you I pay off al debts

~~~~~please enjoy your time at DNF.

Yes, I will enjoy being a member at DNF because unlike the staff at NP they wouldent suspend an account based on a vendetta or false accusations.

Overall I would have to sa that I learned one good lesson from this, and that I have to thank you Allan, for you taught me never to trust someone based on their reputation. Although your reputation at NP was good at first glance, I can only ponder of what happened to all the other people you tried to trick, and had them removed.

This problem has been resolved I thank any members of DNF who posted their oppinions on this matter, if need be the thread can be closed.

Regarding the domain being only $30, I am brokering not jus tthis odmain but an entire portfolio, and I didn't mean for this thread to be this big I merely wanted to know if he was in his right to verify and delay payment of ownership, also it wasent really for the money that I was writing this thread its a matter of principle and the guy attempted to cheat me, I don't like being cheated whether it sout of a million dollars or just ten.

Once again thanks everybody for your input on this matter.

And domaintalk I didn't give you some answers to some of the questions you asked because I did not have the answers when you asked them, I was brokering the revenue domain and by the time I got details from owner you stated your loss of interest in the domain.

I appoligize for any inconveniance I made

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom