Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Affiliate Programs What should I expect from ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aacommerce

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a domian WWWCOMPUTERMANUFACTURER.com (not real one).

It gets about 50 hits a day.

30 or so click thru's.

How many click thru's til someone purchases? Whatcha all think? I would have thought (2 days into it) someone would have purchased something by now! What is your average click thru - to generate to a sale?

The affiliate program is for COMPUTERMANUFACTURER.com - so people eventually get to the right site. Just to clarify.

Domain Days 2024

DNPlan

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aacommerce said:
I have a domian WWWCOMPUTERMANUFACTURER.com (not real one).

It gets about 50 hits a day.

30 or so click thru's.

How many click thru's til someone purchases? Whatcha all think? I would have thought (2 days into it) someone would have purchased something by now! What is your average click thru - to generate to a sale?

The affiliate program is for COMPUTERMANUFACTURER.com - so people eventually get to the right site. Just to clarify.

There are a couple of factors that immediately come to mind to me.

1. I would suspect that few people buy on their first or second visit. Most people do a little research and price comparison ...

So no purchases in 2 days - that really does not suprise me ...

2. The second concern that comes to mind is "How long is the cookie from the "computer manufaturer" affiliate program good for?" ... for example, on one of my sites, the affiliate cookie is good for 10 years ... so if that person ever comes back to buy anytime in the next 10 years, the affiliate will get credit for the sale ... on another one of my websites, the affiliate cookie is only good for 30 days (which catches most of the first time buyers) ...

However ... a lot of affiliate programs (I think this is true of Amazon.com for example), the affiliate only gets credit for the sale if the visitor buys during that immediate visit ... if they leave the site and come back later, you don't get credit for it ...

So there are a lot of variables to your question ... but personally, I'd say two days is not enough time for very many if any sales to occur ...

Greg

aacommerce

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cookie lasts 14 days.

I'm getting a little ansy - I invested about 900$ in the domain and I would like to get something back, ah I guess it was a gamble. We'll see I guess.

aacommerce

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aacommerce said:
Cookie lasts 14 days.

I'm getting a little ansy - I invested about 900$ in the domain and I would like to get something back, ah I guess it was a gamble. We'll see I guess.

Its making about $2.50 daily on sedo - grr... I really feel that if that affiliate program would work that # could be 5-6x what its making on sedo.

Ah who knows.

In the end I gave about 300 clicks to the affiliate program but they didn't report a SINGLE sale - which honestly is very very hard to believe. Clearly very targeted click-throughs - I figure they should result in some sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom