Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

what should she do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

methods

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
a close friend of mine got a domain for a pet supply site about 2 months ago and just realized that someone has the same name but in a foreign ext. and the name is trademarked, i mean you cant even look at the whois, says its protected by copyright.

what should she do email them to surrender hers or what?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
methods said:
you cant even look at the whois, says its protected by copyright.

Are you sure that's not just a type of "proxy" or "private" whois, unrelated to TM?

methods

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
Are you sure that's not just a type of "proxy" or "private" whois, unrelated to TM?

its not like a whois guard if thats what you mean... it says word fro word:

Rights restricted by copyright
Restricted rights. Except for agreed Internet operational purposes, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, recording, or otherwise, without prior permission of the Stichting Internet Domeinregistratie Nederland on behalf of the copyright holders. Any use of this material to target advertising or similar activities is explicitly forbidden and will be prosecuted. The Stichting Internet Domeinregistratie Nederland requests to be notified of any such activities or suspicions thereof.

then if you type the domain name in it says active...thats it..

methods

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
theparrot said:
IM me the names and I will take a look for you.

methods said:
as much as id like to i am not at liberty to do so, it isnt my domain and I promised her I would not release that info, shes a little freaked out to say the least.

i am just trying to figure out i guess:

are trademarks international?

should she contact them and offer to surrender hers and / or see if theres even an issue?

or should she get a lawyer? or do nothing?

got an answer via pm .... thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom