Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What starting price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopos

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently registered a domain name, for parking, the domain is the name of a person and it had some backlinks.

I have just received an email from the person asking if is my name, do I use it and how it is need for the business etc.

My idea was to have domains for traffic at the moment not for sale as I am trying to build a portfolio.

The domain has about 25 uniques a day, I imagine the person would be prepared to pay for it if it is so important, although initially he is just asking for it back if I don't need it.

How do you deal with these? offer to sale? what price?

Thanks

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Opinions vary quite a lot on this.

Personally I would expect the person to pay me for it. Unless it was a good name, either from the point of the actual name or from traffic, I would be looking for anything from $150 to $400 or so. Some people would ask for a lot more.

If it is getting 25 uniques and if the hits aren't all that valuable, (e.g. earning you, say, 20 cents a day) I would compare the amount you would earn in the first year or so to how much you could get for selling it. It might be best to get that money up front and reinvest it in more names.

chopos

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I think I will go for the years revenue.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good luck. I hope it works out well for you.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ask him to make you an offer. Let them set the starting price and come back with 10x their amount and settle somewhere around 50% of that. If their wanting you to hand it over they'll probably say they'll pay $35-$50 but I would be willing to bet you can squeeze $250 out of hands.

If you need something to back up your price use this.

25 hits a day at a ppc minimal cost $.10 per unique. In 100 days they paid for they're expense and from there on out it's regfee. If they went with another name it's $2.50 a day from here to eternity to get those guaranteed 25 hits or 6 months to get listed in all the serch engines again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom