Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What the @#*$..Domain Piracy or What!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'same

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys..,

This is my first real post...did the obligatory Intro...etc..,

I have a domain parked at Sedo and was just checking my domains by typing in the domain name in the browser address bar...complete address and lo and behold instead of the Sedo parking page coming up, what came up was a Lycos Page (similar to Yahoo Geocity) with my domain name pastered all across the page with ads etc. As the Title, in the text everything...

I managed to track down the owner by email address etc...and politely asked him/her to take down the page or buy the domain name. The page is gone now but I am just wondering if anyone ever had such an experience or if its illegal.

Seems morally wrong even if its not illegal..

Its good to be here...thanks again..

Domain Days 2024

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Erm... what's the question? The one in your title seems completely different to the one in the post?

Anyway, to answer the first question, domain piracy is like cloaking your info so that when someone does a WHOIS on your domain it doesn't display your phone number, address and email, for all the world to see.

Not really sure about your Sedo/Lycos parking problems though...

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don´t get me wrong, but are you sure that you parked the domain correctly?

D'same

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Erm... what's the question? The one in your title seems completely different to the one in the post?

Pardon me if the question and post differ or I misunderstand the term "domain piracy" but what I was trying to convey is that I had a domain parked at Sedo and when I typed the domain name in the browser's address bar, instead of the Sedo parking page showing this free page showed with the domain name as the onpage title and it was also plastered around the page as part of the content text. I emailed the owner and the page was removed.

Don´t get me wrong, but are you sure that you parked the domain correctly?

Is it possible to park incorrectly? It was parked for awhile and I didn't have that problem, my browser checks always resolved to Sedo parking page....after sending an email to the owner of the page it hasn't returned...

Just alerting members as I know a lot of you have tons of domains parked and I know its impossible to check on them individually but if this is an isolated case...so be it. However, these things don't happen in a vacuum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom