Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What The F*** Is Going On With Tdnam/godaddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Today I recieved a series of emails from TDNAM within 30 minutes of each other that raise serious suspicions of sales or serious improprieties after winning four different auctions recently. To get the full gist of the issue, please read all emails as well as my response.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
[email protected] wrote:

Your question has been received. You should expect a response within 24 hours.

This is your Incident ID: 1532282

Thanks,
GoDaddy.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not reply to this email. Emails sent to this address will not be answered.
© 2007 GoDaddy.com. All rights reserved.

Our support staff has responded to your request, details of which are described below:

Discussion Notes
Support Staff Response
Dear (name),

Thank you for using The Domain Name Aftermarket (TDNAM). Unfortunately, FOSSIL.INFO and NEAR.INFO was listed as Expired Name Auctions in error. This transaction has been cancelled and you will be refunded for your payment. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Regards,
The Domain Name Aftermarket Team
[email protected]

If you need further assistance with this matter, please reply to this email or contact customer service at (480) 505-8877 and reference [Incident ID: 1532282].

Thanks,
GoDaddy.com
© 2007 GoDaddy.com. All rights reserved.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
My response to TDNAM/GoDaddy

How is it even REMOTELY possible for TDNAM, which is solely owned by GoDaddy, to list two expired domain names in "error"?

It is also VERY SUSPICIOUS being that I first get an email stating MY QUESTION HAS BEEN RECIEVED (incident 1532282) when an inquiry was never submitted by me which was timed at 113 pm. This was followed by a response in less than 30 minutes at 132 pm INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR SUPPORT REQUEST outlining that an error has been made. I do not believe for one minute that my account has been compromised but rather believe I that something else is going on and someone is attempting to cover up their actions at my expense.

Why is it just now coming to your attention, and then to my attention, more than a month after the domain name expired and was won by me in auction? According to WHOIS information, the new expiration date is December 1, 2007 which indicates that the previous expiration date in "error" was December 1, 2006. Who actually initiated the inquiry and where did the inquiry originate from? Was it internal?

As a whole owned entity of GoDaddy, TDNAM sole purpose of being is to auction off expired and expiring domain names of and for GoDaddy. It is impossible for me to imagine how an "error" like this could possibly occur.

Also on the same day, today, I received notification of two domains that I recently won were reclaimed by their owner. They are CMR.INFO and GGW.INFO which, remarkably, are owned by the same individual listed in the WHOIS database as the person who now owns FOSSIL.INFO and NEAR.INFO.

Yet, no such email was sent regarding FOSSIL.INFO and NEAR.INFO, which supposedly expired more than a month ago, was sent as a courtesy notification.

Surprisingly, the domain name is now registered to the same person as GGW.INFO and CMR.INFO. Even more surprisingly, the domain names are now in the possession of someone who has transferred them to the registrar service of MONIKER.

How is it even possible for GoDaddy to auction domain names that are at MONIKER when MONIKER has their own auction service, and to the best of my knowledge, a totally separate entity and with no affiliation to GoDaddy?

I think a further explanation other than "in error" is needed as this is a little more than a curious as to how this possibly could have happened.

To say that I have questions and suspicions as to how this happened or could even possibly happened is an understatement. I will be looking into this matter and bringing to the attention of sources from outside of GoDaddy/TDNAM as well as explore the possible legal avenues that I have regarding this "error".

Regards,

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is so far fetched. My response was sent to [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected].

I have serious suspicions that there was some deal making going on after the close of the auctions, perhaps to a larger customer than I who gets preferential treatment. I realize that these are serious allegations. But when 1+1+1+1=3, then something is not adding up.

I have saved all the WHOIS information as it is currently registered should someone get the bright idea to make this info private.

Naturally, TDNAM/GoDaddy has refunded all the auction fees and registration fees associated with these four domain names but this is of little consequece under these circumstances.

Paranoid? No. An expired domain name is an expired domain name and it does not all of a sudden end up at another registrar with a new registrant more than a month after I won it at auction.

And the alledged letters sent and responded to by TDNAM today are purely bogus, especially when they are personally addressed to me and to the email that TDNAM has on file.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom