Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What the heck...has Sedo ever regressed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's just me?
I attempted to list a name "Him.cc" with Sedo yesterday.
When I looked in "My Listings it showed as "We are currently verifying the following domains:him.cc ". Still showing that today. I am glad I didn't go through all the process with a couple hundred of my names only to see this. What a waste of time.
This is a first for me. I sent them an e-mail yesterday & have received no reply. Always used to hear back quickly before.

I have to say, & I know from visiting many of the reseller message boards that I am not alone, that I have not been very impressed with the site since the pushing of North American members to the US site. I visit far less than I used to.
I decided yesterday to list a name & this is what happens. Not very impressive.

Jim Wright

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are checking to make sure it is your name so that they do not have the same problems that Afternic have with bogus bids.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They don't work on weekends.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Wot & dvdrip
I have listed many names with them in the past when they were still Euro based. Listing were always instant before. The names were in the listings right away. Response to e-mail was a quicker before the push of NA members to the US site. (I guess dvdrip's response covers that).
Not a big deal I guess. I'm just losing my interest even further with what I always thought of as a pretty good company. And judging from the many posts here I can see I am not alone.

Thanks
Jim

doubledee999

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have also noticed considerable delays when they are trying to verify some cctlds, they did always send me an email though explaining etc..

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sedo doesn't have a clue on how to check whois.
They are using a tool someone created on a website and NOT the official whois for each TLD or internet.net. They scare me sometimes.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Or maybe they do ... perhaps Sedo gets paid / incentives to send queries there; some 3rd party whois services sell/share Whois lookup data for marketing/registration purposes.

Ron

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sure they don't pay anything.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well....2 days later & Him.cc is still in the "We are currently verifying the following domains:him.cc ". If they are using a "tool someone created" they may want to look elsewhere. I was going to send them another e-mail to tell them to just forget it but I guess I'll wait and see if they respond to the first one.

Jim

Philippe

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they did the same to me for creditcrds.com, but not for anyother.. weird enough..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom