Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What the hell happened to my free .info domains (Domainsite)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just logged into my account at domainsite.com and all my free .info domains have disapearred??

diederik

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mine are still there. You haven't tried to register more than 25 free .info's ? I've read that he deleted accounts from people who tried to register twice (or more).

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nope, only 25

I logged in earlier and it asked me for my personal information and stuff even tho I had already given it and nothing was in my account.

I will pm Owen I suppose.

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mine are also gone !!!
(Didn't try to register more then 25)

revsorg

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My domains are still resolving but I can't get into Domainsite's website. I wonder why.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
revsorg said:
My domains are still resolving but I can't get into Domainsite's website. I wonder why.

------

domainsite.com is down probably due to demand overloads. i just tried to register a .net name which i was going to pay for, but had to move on to an alternate registrar. hope that situation changes soon so they can maintain good customer service.

AndyM1988

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mine arn't gone (yet) and I hope they don't go.
I registered about 20 - I also made sure all of them were locked.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mine are still there and resolving. Must not be system-wide. I regged mine early in the "Free 24 .info" promotion.

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think (hope) that this is just a technical problem with domainsite.
My names are resolving & have accurate whois records, they just don't appear in my domainsite account

revsorg

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My worry is that I am in the midst of transferring a .org domain name from Joker.com to Domainsite. It's gone past the renewal date and I still haven't had my email asking me to approve the transfer. At some point I'll snap and just pay for renewal, but I've got a bunch of other names I also want to start the transfer process for, and this doesn't make me feel like Domainsite is the place to do it, despite the low cost.

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My problem was resolved fast and smooth by DomainSite.

Thanks alot!

Alfarin

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mine are still there (cheers ^^)
Owen, can you please let the rest of us know what's happening as well? I sure hope its not something major so that we all lose our domains.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mine are still there. but I only regged 6, and I already had an account there before the freebies.

owen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You will not lose your domains if you did not attempt to register more than 25 names under the free and $0.99 special. If you do register more than 25 names using similar contact information (email address, originating IP, address, etc), there is the possibility that you will lose some or all of your domains. I'm pretty much done deleting names from the free period though.

Mudi, if you can send your username to [email protected] and include in your message some of the .info names that you registered, we can find out where they are or what happened to them.

Of the ~110,000 names we registered I have deleted ~6000.

M

mole

Moral of the story - what is too good to be true, often isn't.

To date, I have never regged any free .info because you become obligated to that register for giving you free bandwidth usage to manage your names.

Never be obligated to anyone, since the power of rights is shilfted against your favor.

eNom is giving away a $3 discount on .INFO names, sure its not free, but its not second class citizen too.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
To date, I have never regged any free .info because you become obligated to that register for giving you free bandwidth usage to manage your names.
Sorry, but I don't really get that. :confused: Can you elaborate a bit more? Thanks.

owen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
Sorry, but I don't really get that. :confused: Can you elaborate a bit more? Thanks.

I'm a bit confused as well. There are times when free does equal free. If you did not try to abuse the 25 free name offer, your names are free. It is really that simple. There is no obligation if you did not agree to one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom