Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What to do about this sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had sold a website about a month ago with 2 domains and the buyer hasn't transferred the domains to his account yet. I have sent numerous e-mails asking him to transfer the domains and no response.

Any ideas on what I should do?

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thats funny same thing happened to me twice, I sent numerous emails and left numerous voicemails, they just would not respond I sent a final email with a little more legal jargon to them that it is a final request to accept the names and put into their accounts. They never responded so I let the names expire until just before the grace period ended, renewed and sold them again. I have never heard from them again, I hope they didnt die.

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had sold a website about a month ago with 2 domains and the buyer hasn't transferred the domains to his account yet. I have sent numerous e-mails asking him to transfer the domains and no response.

Any ideas on what I should do?

I have never heard from them again, I hope they didnt die.

we hope not, but that happens

Pick up the phone, if you have a number handy.

good idea!

in the end, you've done your part, if you have sent them the authorization codes and sent at least 3 follow-up emails with no reply.

also, if this was a forum sale, has that person been online since?

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was sold on eBay. Got a + feedback already from the user. His paypal doesn't have a phone #. I'll try emailing paypal.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Contact eBay not paypal....if he is a member on ebay let them try to handle it and you cover yourself at the same time...paypal really isn't going to give you any information, or at least they shouldn't ... eBay might at least try contacting him.

good luck

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what kind of dollar amounts are we talking (other than him being dead) maybe he changed his mind on the purchase and to not risk a negative feedback let you keep the money.

or

Other reasons people pay without accepting names;
1. they just love to give people free money
2. they forgot their passwords
3. he was in a accident and his fingers were cut off at work (can't use the computer)
4. He went camping and can't find his way out of the forest
5. His wife hit him over the head with a frying pan and he can't remember anything
6. Their computer was repo'd
7. They won the lottery and retired
8. in a comma
9. they just found out they were heir to the throne in some strange country that does not have computers
10. bitter ex uses husbands credit card to make random purchases to get back at him.
11. realised their was a TM issue "capital....net" ;)

please add if you can think of anyother funnies

Last edited:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened with a name last year. Sent numerous emails to both his email addresses including his paypal address over a long time with no response re the push or transfer. Finally, I got tired of it all and sent him the $200 back. An odd twist to the story is a few mos later I let the name drop (no traffic or rev) and he picked it up for $18 using Godaddy monitoring service. Weird because I don't think the money was an issue as he never asked me for a refund which refund I did on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom