Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

what to do!?!?!??!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weeps

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sold a website about a year ago, and now I am receiving notifications that the domain is about to expire. The new owner forgot to change the whois information and just parked it somewhere to make money off of it.

The domain will expire in like 5 days and I have no contact information for the new owner to tell him that its about too expire. What shoudl I do?

I could just let it slide, but I still do have the admin email for the domain so I could try to help but then I still have no contact information to tell him about it afterwards.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
depending on how valuable the domain is (you said site, but if it is a site, surely, he must be hosting it somwehere so you can find info, so I'll assume you meant domain), you could renew it and ask for a price for the service.
You might not get anything, but... it is xmas.
On the other hand, if it isnt worth it (the domain), let it go.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Take into consideration of all the emails he received just like you and I about having correct domain registration information/details from ICANN policies. If he simply ignored these time and time again, then I wouldnt bother contacting him about it.

Whizzbang

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I received an email like that and knew the person that it should be directed to then I'd forward it onto them. It's no hassle to do that and would develop a better relationship.....you saved their bacon!

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
8$ renewal fee is worth paying to build a customer relationship..

How did u receive the money from it. If it was paypal check the paypal email address and mail him . If other means try to find out if u can find his name or any other domain he has..

Best of luck..

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i assume the page where it is parked has no information? if not, you could renew it and park it somewhere where it would earn income to offset the renewal costs. who knows, he or she might end up buying another site from you--wouldn't burn any bridges, etc. with clients amd sometimes a little effort on your part can really make a difference.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I sold a domain for $2,500 to someone. Two years later, he let it expire. He never used it.

It's a strange world.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Strange world.. with lots of rich people..

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That situation happened to me too. The original purchase price was high enough that $8 to renew it once seemed reasonable so after I tried to contact the owner I renewed it for another year. Once that year passed I didn't bother again and I think they lost the name, but at least my conscience was clear that I'd made a genuine effort :)

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't u have past emails from him when you sold it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom