Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What type of forum would be the most profitable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForumsHelp

Domain Prince
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I think ebusiness forums are doing good especially if they got resources for ebusiness beginners and small ebusiness owners. Beside that, ebusiness subject can include many other fields under it's umbrella, like web designing and so on and this will get more visitors and more posts.
Regards

slavahosting

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
with more people coming on the web, more people are starting websites, and they all need a place to as kquestions. Webmaster forums are a great place to get a lot of people posting, and ad space is valuable whether through adsense, or private ad sales.

Flubber

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
slavahosting said:
with more people coming on the web, more people are starting websites, and they all need a place to as kquestions. Webmaster forums are a great place to get a lot of people posting, and ad space is valuable whether through adsense, or private ad sales.

I have to disagree,

I really think there are too many webmaster forums now. Whenever i see a fairly new one i think; been there done that. Just too cliche'd.

I think that the best forum to create (profit wise) would be a business one; one related to stock market'ing. Most of the people visiting your forum will be just starting out and you would need some gurus to get it started, but take a look at www.iii.co.uk community, a post every minute or so related to stock market discussion. (When the stocks are open that is)

My 2p.

Flubber

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Flubber said:
...I think that the best forum to create (profit wise) would be a business one...

I agree. I think its helpful if its very targeted to one specific business or industry instead of generic and trying to be everything to everybody. I recently regged BuyingRealEstate.org and FileForBankruptcy.org and am planning to make them forum sites.

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd say gambling forum, sponsors would pay so much to be apart of that.

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do thank all of you for your comments!

Anyone else have an opinion they would like to share?

n3ol3o

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You probably need to find a niche or be really lucky, because the basis of a good forum is activity. If you're competing against really big webmaster sites, for example, the likelihood is that unless you diversify and improve on their categories or forums, people will not stick around for very long which will ultimately lead to inactivity. What you need to do is offer something unique and useful which other forums in your topic or category of website don't provide.
I know that this is a fairly loose and abstract idea, but if you can harness the potential of a certain niche, you will have a good forum which will lead to good earnings.

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with the niche suggestion. I will soon have a forum set up at OfficerPrograms.com for discussion on commissioning programs. There are a few forums that are HUGE, for each individual service (navy, army, usmc, airforce) so one forum for them all would be, imo, a hit. There are many people looking to advertise to military members, so I don't think finding sponsors will be a problem. Getting members loyal to those individual forums to join mine will be though. I think the best forum a person can make is one about a topic they know a lot about themselves. Unless you actually hire people to run the forum for you, if you don't know anything about..say...graphic design, and try to start a forum on it, your members will see right through you.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
telephone / cellular
travel
penis extension (there are sizable communities devoted to this)

Mobile (cellular) and travel are especially good because advertisers pay so much due to the high amount of competition. They also don't carry the burden that non-mainstream subjects such as adult, gambling, pharmaceutical and PE possess.

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think one type of business would be best. Not because of profit's but the amount of time that goes into being a successful website. there are so many types of industries to choose from. Infact I was thinking of doing this in two ways. The first is a collection
of city info's in my marketing area los angeles. I own

covina.info

westcovina.info

baldwinpark.info

templecity.info

montereypark.info

elmonte.info

rosemead.info

duarte.info

sangabriel.info

azusa.info

and so on like 80 of them and i want to form a directory. this could be a very profitable venture. and my passion is thoroughbred's and the industry is big enough for me with a forum. so i needed some quailty names to bring traffic and a good enough name to put a professinal face on it so i have bought these

THOROUGHBREDTRACKS.COM

THOROUGHBREDSPORTS.COM

THOROUGHBREDRACE.COM

THOROUGHBREDRACES.COM

THOROUGHBREDFORUM.COM

THOROUGHBREDPOST.COM

THOROUGHBREDSALE.COM

HANDICAPPINGTHOROUGHBREDS.COM

eTHOROUGHBREDS.COM

THOROUGHBREDRACETRACK.COM

THOROUGHBREDRACINGTACK.COM

THOROUGHBREDSTUD.COM

ONLINEHORSERACE.COM

HORSERACINGVENUE.COM

HORSERACINGEVENT.COM

QUARTERHORSEREGISTRY.COM

QUARTERHORSERACE.COM

STUDFEE.COM

STALLIONFEE.COM

these should be enough for me to start a nice business in thoroughbred's

aldwin

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that the best thing to do is to focus on a business or something like that. Choose your niche and then start making the forum as best as you can.

Always ask yourself why you should choose your forum instead of similar forums if you were a visitor.
Visit the best forums of your category and try to get the best features of each in your.

dsotmoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
aldwin said:
Choose your niche and then start making the forum as best as you can.

I agree, niche forums are where they are at, I have an automotive site that is specific to one model that isnt even produced anymore, very profitable, not something to retire on but for what goes into it, yes

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jedi,

I've tried to create lots of forums. The only time your forum will be successful is when its the first of its kind.

Think hard. Be original.

Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom