Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What type of scam is it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is domain-related but I'm curious to know what type of scam is it.

5 minutes ago I received this mail:

"[FONT=Courier New, Courier, monospace]Canada Revenue Agency[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, Courier, monospace]Online Refund Form [/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, monospace]After the last annual calculation of your fiscal activity we have determined that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of 386.00.[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, monospace]Please submit the tax refund and allow us 3-9 days in order to process it. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, Courier, monospace]A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons. For example submitting invalid records or applying after the deadline. [/FONT][FONT=Courier New, Courier, monospace]
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, Courier, monospace]To access the form for your tax refund, please click here>>[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, monospace]Copyright Canada Revenue Agency. All rights reserved. www.cra-arc.gc.ca"[/FONT]

First I'm Italian not canadian so what the hell they talk about? :lol:
Be careful guys don't click on that link.

Who received this mail?

Last edited by a moderator:

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the link is mangled - it looks like

mhtml:{5B5CC328-1FA3-4511-A233-B921C4FAF5BB}mid://00000119/!x-usc:hxxp://www.vrn.cc/forum/Canadian/getStatus_en.htm

(http changed to hxxp to keep it un-clickable)

I still think you should deactivate it in your post, though.

The scam is probably what happens when you click on the link and all sorts of bad stuff gets downloaded to your machine.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
Mods please deactivate that crap link thanks.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Link is broken now. :)

Typical phishing attempt - make the address look legit when it is not.

I often see http://(IP address)/www.bankofamerica.com/security etc.. in phishing emails.

It's best to do three things:
1) Forward the email to the respective fraud team (usually [email protected] or [email protected])
2) Clean out your cache etc..
3) Go to the site that they are mentioning (if you are concerned about it) - DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK. Type it into the browser yourself (as in www.bankofamerica.com to continue the above example).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom