Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What Will be the top keywords in 2022?

Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Impossible to know.
While true, there are people that speculated on "meta" before the announcement which made some people bags.

I hope that everyone understands speculation and risk. Say someone took 1/2 their earnings from "meta" and dumped it into a new keyword thinking they could 10x, they might just learn the reality of what risk truly means. While this is most likely an outlier, there is still someone or even some people out there that will do this and lose.
Meta
MetaVerse
Dao
DAOs
NFT
Verse
Crypto
ART
PHYGITAL
P2E
IMMERSIVE
DEFI
Meta
Verse
Dao
Haptic

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While true, there are people that speculated on "meta" before the announcement which made some people bags.

I hope that everyone understands speculation and risk. Say someone took 1/2 their earnings from "meta" and dumped it into a new keyword thinking they could 10x, they might just learn the reality of what risk truly means. While this is most likely an outlier, there is still someone or even some people out there that will do this and lose.
The risk in these new keywords is very low as most of the domains you find at hand register cost.

I registered around 12 keyword+verse domain at registration fee. Already sold one for low four-figure and holding best one for end-user. Sale or not I already in profit for that keywords.

The art is finding the upcoming trend before anyone.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The risk in these new keywords is very low as most of the domains you find at hand register cost.
I wasn't speaking of "meta" in particular in the moment, rather of it 6 to 9 months ago when it was a risk.

Trend domains tend to be the highest risk investments with very few actually paying off. Meta was just a bigger hit because more investors won with acquisitions by Facebook for potentially future projects as it's cheaper to pay $10,000 for MetaABC now than after it stands up as its own company. Further, they created something new that businesses wanted to be apart of.

Think of the Drone trend—DronePhotography.com is good but DronePizza.com is not because the only establishments that could deliver on that while scaling would be something like Pizza Hut. Also, they don't need the domain, just the user input on delivery method as they have already acquired the customers, just didn't ship the infrastructure (if they were able to do it) out to franchises.

If Facebook's rebrand wasn't meta, there'd be about 90% junk domains (some would still make sense as a brandable).

base

Level 3
Reaction score
If Facebook's rebrand wasn't meta, there'd be about 90% junk domains (some would still make sense as a brandable).
Even so, can you imagine seeing developed sites on those 90%.. I would consider going back to BBS's.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Meta was used by many companies before this FB name change.
But do you think it had domain name value as it did prior to the name change?

With a quick glance, I can see a huge uptick in volume by looking at Namebio historical data. In years prior, there'd be a handful sold per year, if that. After the name change, it's near-daily, and with a much higher average price; and, that's just knowing of the public sales while excluding the ones from the rumor mill going straight to Facebook for 5-figures.

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But do you think it had domain name value as it did prior to the name change?

With a quick glance, I can see a huge uptick in volume by looking at Namebio historical data. In years prior, there'd be a handful sold per year, if that. After the name change, it's near-daily, and with a much higher average price; and, that's just knowing of the public sales while excluding the ones from the rumour mill going straight to Facebook for 5-figures.
I agree with you that Meta domain sales volume and the number increased but it's not because of the FB name change, It's because of 'Metaverse'

base

Level 3
Reaction score
I agree with you that Meta domain sales volume and the number increased but it's not because of the FB name change, It's because of 'Metaverse'
How so? There is no "metaverse", it's just a rename of the word "internet". Same stuff, different branding. We visit, we interact, we may or may not put on gear to experience the visitation, and it all uses graphics to do so. MMORPG had this long ago.

Fact is, we are light-years away from what the metaverse should be to what it actually is for the everyday user. The metaverse is FOMO on FOMO.

aleksey.k

Snake Charmer (Python3, DevOps)
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Meta is IMO overhyped. Zuckerberg decided to rename his company probably to get media attention and hype on new traffic. The concept itself sounds like something for no-life neck-beards since that's probably the only group who'd like to move away from real-life communications to sitting in a VR there one could overcharge and exhaust ones' dopamine receptors to create an illusion of an actual face-to-face human communication

VortexAlpha

Level 1
Reaction score
What do you think about the top trending keywords in 2022?

Meta
MetaVerse
Dao
DAOs
NFT
Verse
Crypto
ART
It's not that easy to guess right now, since it's only the beginning of the year, but I would say metaverse and crypto from your list will definitely be present in search queries a lot. But, also some words related to e-commerce, finance, dating, and so on, as these niches are trending lately.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Meta sales have been strong. 🤷🏽‍♂️

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators