Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What will the next big tld be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

$$$

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What will the next big tld be? Im not asking for a country tld. Ex.

.com, .net, .org, .info, .biz

Any news on anything comming out?

Domain Days 2024

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.travel is coming I think

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt be surprised if something like .world , .internet , .girls , .boy and etc

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i dont think there will be a next big tld ! they come and try but do not succeed like .biz

J2theIZZO

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
droplister said:
.eu, i guess europe is going to promote it heavily, it will be like their .com

I don't agree with that, there are too many speculators gathering iffy TM's and taking every premium name in sight, come landrush there will be little/no decent names available and .eu won't be held by anyone but domain speculators.

For this reason the takeup and useage of .eu will be slow and painful, I still think the respective and already established ccTLD's for each country within the EU will be favoured by the masses.

The implentation of .eu by EurID hasn't been too good IMO.

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
J2theIZZO said:
I don't agree with that, there are too many speculators gathering iffy TM's and taking every premium name in sight, come landrush there will be little/no decent names available and .eu won't be held by anyone but domain speculators.

For this reason the takeup and useage of .eu will be slow and painful, I still think the respective and already established ccTLD's for each country within the EU will be favoured by the masses.

The implentation of .eu by EurID hasn't been too good IMO.
I didnt mean premium generic terms, .eu in general is more what i meant. You can argue that all the premium .coms are taken, but people still register.com after .com. Domainers are just mad because they cant get a good .eu for registration fee, oh well, there are still plenty of europeans and small businesses that can register .eu for themselves. And i think that .eu will only help the other european cctlds.
A company registers domain.eu, and then goes on to register .de .co.uk .es .fr all those to protect their brand.

This is not a "lets go back and forth and see who gets the last word" so this will be my last response to any argument.

Mr. Pim

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't see that much value in .eu domains. Mainly because the EU is far from one. Nobody in Europe will call themselves an "European".
There is no such thing as an European identity.

W

Wise

I think in the future names/extensions are going to be less important, its how you market a site, seo, brand awareness and so on.

Very few people type in site names unless they know it, its all done via search engines, so it makes little difference what .extension you use.

J2theIZZO

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
droplister said:
I didnt mean premium generic terms, .eu in general is more what i meant. You can argue that all the premium .coms are taken, but people still register.com after .com. Domainers are just mad because they cant get a good .eu for registration fee, oh well, there are still plenty of europeans and small businesses that can register .eu for themselves. And i think that .eu will only help the other european cctlds.
A company registers domain.eu, and then goes on to register .de .co.uk .es .fr all those to protect their brand.

This is not a "lets go back and forth and see who gets the last word" so this will be my last response to any argument.

I wasn't trying to have an argument, just pointing out that I disagree with your point of view.

We will have to see how .eu fairs, the point i'm trying to make is that most companies prefer to use their ccTLD than a .eu name, fair enough people may register the .eu and forward it to their ccTLD but that doesn't mean the TLD is getting any use at all or being hammered into the minds of people as ccTLD's have done for a long time now.

In quite a few cases the .co.uk is taken before the .com in the UK, and even though the UK is part of the EU I've certainly never refered to myself as European.

I see .eu being a sort of "If the major gTLD's and my own ccTLD are both taken then I may consider it" type domain.

Pim(P) said:
I don't see that much value in .eu domains. Mainly because the EU is far from one. Nobody in Europe will call themselves an "European".
There is no such thing as an European identity.

Exactly!

mambo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.dnforum then

about .eu, oh dont you worry, the generics will go with time, for thoose who need them.

Think .eu will be seen a around a lot on advertising banners for companies in the future.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.eu will certainly be something to look forward to

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.XXX

If and when it finally comes to fruition.

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Might be a good idea to update your footer here IMO :
Copyright 2005 :)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would think .xxx, just because it would cleary define such a large industry

Vermillion

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still one or two choice .eu dns out there.I just registered a doozy;
couldn't *****ing believe it wasn't taken.Sadly GD don't give privacy for
.eu so I can't share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom