Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What would be your take ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKA14

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I found a geo domain area+keyword.com unreg
The name has exact searches in mid 3 digits and cpc of around 2.5$
Revolves around sports industry but the area (geographical) is dominated by a sports company and I guess they are the only one servicing for that keyword.

Is is worth a try ?

Thanks

AKA14

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Will you be registering it for resale or development?

Probably resale. Although may be a blog can be developed but am not sure will be doing it. Whats your POV behind that question please explain.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is is worth a try ?

Thanks

no one can tell you whether it is or not, when they don't know the actual domain name

regardless to what you plan to do with it.

AKA14

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no one can tell you whether it is or not, when they don't know the actual domain name

regardless to what you plan to do with it.

May I pm you the name in that case :) ?

Just to add a better question or what I wanted to ask was that if some one lands in this sort of situation.. in which direction should the research be done to check the possible potential of a name. For example lets say monetization:
In this case its monopoly of a company so cant rank the doamin and provide an add space. Can sell may be some affiliate products related to sport etc..

Last edited:

mave1986

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To be frank , there is no one who can give you the exact value of your domain name other than the buyer.

Over the years, there have been many methods to find this out , but I would like to share with you one of the techniques which is used by Andrew Rosener, a veteran domain broker to value domain names. May be it would help you.

Let me explain this with an example: Take the term "cloud server"
Go to Google keywords tool. Type in your search term or your domain name with proper spaces.

If your domain intends to attract attention of particular country, then select that country instead of 'global monthly searches'. That will give you an idea on how popular is your search term in that particular country.
Here we will take U.S as example.
Next step is to change the search criterion from 'broad' to 'exact', which you can find on the left side of tool. You must be interested only in 'exact' search term.

Now click search:

The Exact local monthly searches for cloud server will be : 2900 in

U.S for this particular term.

And when you see in the Approx CPC column for this search term ,

you find CPC rate that advertisers are ready to pay, ranges from

$33-$34 per click.

Normally end users would like to capture maximum attention of

around 80% of the people who are searching for the term "cloud server". So that will bring the number of potential customers to:

2900*0.80 = 2320 (potential customers for the end user).

Now calculate the amount which the advertiser has to pay to capture the attention of 2320 customers per month.

2320*$33(Cost-per-click for "cloud server" term that advertisers are normally paying) = $76,560/month.

Now Andrew Rosener says that, to calculate actual value of the domain, we need to consider 24 months period along with the monthly amount paid by advertisers which brings our domain cloudserver.com's value to :

$76,560*24 = $1,837,440 (actual value)

Well this is just a normal calculation . This should not be taken as a benchmark rate for selling any domain name however. Even

Andrew says the value of domain name ranges from 10% of the actual value to the 90% of the actual value.

But still, I believe that it is what buyer is ready to pay for. No one can judge accurately the value of a domain name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom