Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What would you do in this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burgerman

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you own a generic two word domain (.net) and the phrase is TM in the US but your target audience is Canadians would you be safe legally? The phrase is not TM in Canada. From a legal standpoint, would it be better to own a .ca domain instead of a .net? Or does that not matter in this scenario?

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Partially depends on when you registered the domain and what your intended use was. If you have a non-related site up and running long before they started using the "phrase" you are probably in a better position.
If you are infringing on their product or service in anyway (aka- profiting off their business) then you are probaby going to hear from their legal council. .

burgerman

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for you advice. Much appreciated.

WebMaster

Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will take two domains in as a primary will use .net . There are hundreds and even thousands companies around the world who can sue you for any domain. Its why we all need good lawyers ;)
I will buy big hamburger, bear and sit on my project .

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are targeting Canadians just use a .ca. You will get a google.ca bump for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom