Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What would you do with these domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone......

I was doing some researching, trying to find a good domain name. While doing this, I happen to see alt.bbs, that is some thing just about everyone knows what it stands for online. ( Alternative Bulletin Board System ) All Newsgroup readers do for 110% sure, now alt ( Alternative ) and bbs ( Bulletin Board System ). Also known, on the web as forums. Or bb for ( Bulletin Board ), also known as a forum.

So seeing alt.bbs I check on altbbs.com just for the fun of it, I was in shock there it was unregged. I then check on altbb.com, again unregged so I made sure I got it spelled right like 4 times. Yes it was spelled right, I then got them. No way I was letting them get away, I still can't beleave they was unregged.

So I regged altbbs.com and altbb.com, and all the .net and .orgs as well. I'm sure they could be use for other meanings as well, but most people will know what alt.bbs is on the net. The domains are as generic as it gets, and with many uses at that. Bulletin boards, forums, newsgroups, telnet, and usenet come to mind plus other things.

Now I'm thinking, where I should go from here with them. So I could use other people thoughts, on what you would do if you owned them ?

Thanks, a head of time! :)

I now own these 6 domains, coming from alt.bbs

1) altbbs.com altbbs.net altbbs.org
2) altbb.com altbb.net altbb.org

Domain Days 2024

khuldun

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tell you what? Develop a forum software and name it Alt Bulletin Board System!

Or you can also build a forum over these names and see if they become popular, then sell the other ones (other than .com)

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They are the first 2 things that come to mind, is there much money to be made from ppc from forums ?

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would of loved altb.com as well, but it was taken already. :)

I could use some more input from other please, I'm pretty new to this stuff and can really use the input. Thanks!

khuldun

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, people do make some money out of forums, but you need to have a ctive forum and a good subject for it to pay off

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom