Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tekz999

You am the buyer. You have been negotiating a 4 figures sale with the seller. You have submitted payment, at the SAME TIME, you realized the seller had just pm'ed you with a $50 discount.

What would you do?

1. You deserve the discount, and ask seller to refund you back $50.
2. Since its same time, you and the seller should move one step forward, and you ask the seller for $25 refund. So a win win situation for both.
3. You do not deserve the discount, no refund.

Domain Days 2024

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would politely ask if he/seller would honor the $50 discount and refund it. If the seller wishes not to I would have to say personally for $50 I'd let it go. Right or wrong sometimes it isnt worth the fight. Sad to say.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it's really a 4-figure sale, I wouldn't bother hassling over the discount. For it to be worth 4 figures, you've got to really WANT the name, so why risk the deal over such a trivial amount (5% if the deal's just 4-figures i.e. $1,000, or less if it's higher than that)

It would be NICE to think that the seller came forward of their own accord to offer the cash back, but as if the situation is exactly as described it's probably not worth raising the issue yourself.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, $50 to even $1,000 is only 5%!! The most I would do is to CASUALLY ask if he is to honour that as well (with a smilie).

typoniels

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it was NOT at the same time mate, i had the payment earlier than that i posted a discount because i was going out. I have paid the sedo fees AND gave an 50$ discount because you were screaming for some discount ont the purchase..wel you got 50$ off the original pricew and a nice quick deal. So whats your problem and the PM's you have sent me arent that friendly mate especially the last one..

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The real question here is.. What would Brian Boitano do?

Payment sent, discount offered afterwards.. simply ask nicely if you can have it or not. Since it's a 1k sale the $50 isn't really that much in comparison.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sending the money concludes the deal.

Offering the discount is done in hoping to conclude the deal.

Therefore if both happen at the same time, sending the money takes precedence and the deal is done without the discount.

But he could of course chose to honor it, nothing wrong it he doesnt though.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's a done deal. You didn't rely on the discount when you sent the money. You should have said nothing. There would have been a chance that the seller would give you the discount once he realized that the payment and discount offer were sent at relatively the same time. By forcing his hand you put him on the defensive......he is certainly aware that he offered the $50 discount, and it is his option on how to proceed.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BLazeD said:
Sending the money concludes the deal.

Offering the discount is done in hoping to conclude the deal.

Therefore if both happen at the same time, sending the money takes precedence and the deal is done without the discount.

lol..I just finished watching the movie PROOF with Gwyn Peltrow and Anthony Hopkins. Now Im reading it on dnf. :typing:

No joke reread that 4 times....

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know a real easy way you could have slipped it in that you wanted the $50.00 discount.. simply should have said

Haha, darn it, I didn't realize you sent a $50.00 discount, sent payment before.

That puts the seller in a position to where, it looks real good for him/her if they refund $50.00 of it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom