Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What would YOU like to see from NameDrive???

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

At NameDrive we have always prided ourselves on supporting our clients as best as we can, hence this post.
We are constantly trying to improve our system and reach out to our friends, coming up with new ideas on how to benefit us all.
What would YOU like to see from NameDrive in the next few weeks, months, years?
If you have any feedback, questions, suggestions or even complaints please do let me know. I will strive to reply to each and every one.
I can be reached either here, via PM or by email (parking@namedrive.com - if emailing please put for the attention of Craig there so it lands on my desk.

Thank you for all of your support in the past, now and in the future.

Best Wishes

Craig
CCO- NameDrive

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

What would YOU like to see from NameDrive in the next few weeks, months, years?

I'd love to see....

higher earnings per click and higher click thru rates, but i guess that's on everyone's list :)

maybe add some video's to parked pages for stick and return

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Biggedon,

Thank you for your feedback.
Could you please PM me your NameDrive email login and I'll look into your account. Maybe one of our optimizers could improve the CTR on your account.
We do carry out template rotations and have found almost always a 10-15% increase in revenues.

We are improving the script on our templates, they already load faster and the ads tend to be more targeted.
Also we are working on a few new templates to be released soon.

Regarding the video aspect, I have looked into this and adding screenshots from advertisers to parked pages however they are both unfortunately against our advertising partners T&C's.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Craig, I'd like to see a few things improved

1st, whoever reviews keywords and decides to reject them should have the courtesy to email the customer (or have an automated message sent) telling him ND has a problem w/that keyword. You don't have any type of system for that in place now and it's annoying to sign in to do optimization weeks or even months later only to find a stricken out keyword in a red field that ND didn't approve of the kw I had set. Plus, it's ND's job to tell customers WHY ND had a problem w/any keyword to begin with. Your co does none of the above at all

2nd, how about extending the logged in time limit. It's frustrationg to tweak a name or add names to parking or NDX only to find that while you were doing the work ND decided to log you out. Then when I sign back in again whatever work I was doing is lost. There were many problems w/old Parked.com but I loved the fact they never signed you off even after several hours, I know you do that for security since the ND acct has some sensitive info but in ND's case this can drive anybody nuts, I think it's now 10-15 mins, way too short, and we're talking time I was actually doing work/using the website, not being idle. Even Sedo, Domain Sponsor and others allow plenty of time before you're asked to log on again. I was recently adding a bunch of names to NDX and had to select ALL their settings one by one, it took long, then I pressed continue and was taken to the sign in screen and ALL HAD BEEN LOST

3rd, when I get offers through NDX sometimes I get an email but other times nothing is sent. I'm forced to go to NDX more often just to see if there aren't any offers I may not know about. Customers should not have to do that

And 4th, some domains to be parked (or sold) on ND have privacy. So far I've seen some names that are private be accepted for parking, but others aren't accepted and I am then told by ND to remove privacy, a couple of registrars actually let you deactivate privacy and then you turn it back on but most don't. Go Daddy for instance, if you remove privacy it's lost forever and it costs $9.99 so I have no choice but to take my names w/privacy elsewhere since I won't lose all that money just to show ND I own them. When adding names to NDX it's much worse, NDX simply will not accept any names for sale if they have privacy. Can't you guys email the Admin email address and have the client reply ? The fact that he got the email means he owns it (You could even ask for a screen shot of the CP at the registrar where you can show the domain is in your CP, but Moniker for example does not have individual screens for domains so I'd probably end up sending ND the list of all my names on the CP just to prove I may own one of them, I am not comfortable w/that)

Last edited:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
....2nd, how about extending the logged in time limit. It's frustrationg to tweak a name or add names to parking or NDX only to find that while you were doing the work ND decided to log you out. Then when I sign back in again whatever work I was doing is lost. There were many problems w/old Parked.com but I loved the fact they never signed you off even after several hours, I know you do that for security since the ND acct has some sensitive info but in ND's case this can drive anybody nuts, I think it's now 10-15 mins, way too short, and we're talking time I was actually doing work/using the website, not being idle. Even Sedo, Domain Sponsor and others allow plenty of time before you're asked to log on again. I was recently adding a bunch of names to NDX and had to select ALL their settings one by one, it took long, then I pressed continue and was taken to the sign in screen and ALL HAD BEEN LOST

I feel the pain. Happens to me all the time ar places like Godaddy in particular where they want to log me out on an ever increasing short schedule. When I say keep me logged in the next timeout warnings become shorter and shorter and shorter making it extremely annoying. Sometimes after you say keep me logged in the system throws you back to a different page other than the one you were working on and you lose all your time consuming and tedious work. It has become a major issue with me. It's not necessary to time-out if on your home/office computer and regular IP address but only needed for security reasons if on another or public computers but GD and others such as Namedrive and Moniker (at least they have longer timeouts) do not understand that.

P.S. In response to complaints GD tells me to do my work mostly offline which Is ridiculous. Why should I be forced to work offline in an online world? No way I will do that when GD can solve the problem if they worked on it.

Last edited:

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Angel,

Thank you so much for your feedback, it really is appreciated.

1. Very good point indeed, we have auto mails for most notifications. I have written an auto response mail and am currently getting it translated and then will have it uploaded to the system after the weekend. I have also requested a list of all auto mails so I can see if there are any gaps.

2. The log in time limit has been extended from 15 minutes to 30 minutes and will be effective from the next update to our database.
Although when optimizing we still recommend regular saving, I do so myself also. However for security purposes extending above 30 minutes is not really possible.

3. You should receive mails every time, I have tested this on my end and it does work (bear in mind if you have a minimum price set offers below that will not be sent).
Please be sure to check your spam and at the same time I will have one of our programmers next week look into this issue too.

4. We totally understand clients not wanting to turn on/off privacy (I also use Godaddy). However with domains on privacy protect the email address is often a long random one and alot of the time it is not possible to copy the email address, and sometimes not even contact it (although in extreme circumstances). Hence our request for a screenshot- should you not want to send a full list some clients tend to block out the other domains, using paint or another similar program this is fine we only require proof of the name in a Cpanel.

Thank you once again for your time and if you have any other questions please let me know.

Craig

Molotov

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nt like when i switch nameservers to ND then i get email asking if i own the domain and to show screenshot when i have ie private registration.
if i change ns1 ns2 it obviously means i own the domain not? :)

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It happens quite often that a domain is already in another members NameDrive account, or even has been parked with us in the past. As our NameServers are for everyone's use there is no way to tell using these alone who the domain belongs to.
We have strived to find the perfect mix of ease of use and security.

domainbartender

Your name server since 2008.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it make sense then, to only ask for privacy to be turned off IF the domain is already in another account?

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to see more ad campaigns purchased in my sites.

Gabriel

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like your templates allow to add a footer or header, for affiliates campaigns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators