Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

whatever happened to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That guy effectively lost at least 30k due to greed....we can never call the top, and when you get greedy you get caught.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
E-Promote said:
That guy effectively lost at least 30k due to greed....we can never call the top, and when you get greedy you get caught.

i think it wasn't only his greed as he wasn't a domainer. it was greed on part of his 'advisors' who were telling him to hold out for ransom for a domain which was in all honesty only good for few months, and perhaps on part of sedo and other so-called 'experts.' who were circling around hoping for a kill, and who are, of course, nowhere to be found now.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it was a gamble, and he lost...
Had I been in that situation, at that time, I am not sure I would have sold for $120K either...
we make mistakes, we learn, we take chances, sometimes we win...

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
it was a gamble, and he lost...we make mistakes, we learn, we take chances, sometimes we win...

i agree. except he wasn't a domaineer and 'sometimes we win' isn't a concept which is really applicable to him now is it? he could not afford 2 make a mistake. it's not the same when u have 1,000 different domains and u can afford 2 take chances, and when u have 1 domain which is only good through november 2004. in the latter case, u simply don't have room for error.

i think :huh:

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are right producer. With 1 domain name, he should have sold it, but I bet his 'professional advisors' told him otherwise.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is easy for us to "monday quarterback".

But, I would have treated it like the produce wholesalers do
with their inventory.

"Sell it quick, or watch it rot".

And, the chances of Kerry/Edwards running again. Is slim to none.

I'm sure he regrets taking others advise.

Hopefully, we (as domainers) should learn from this.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
producer said:
i agree. except he wasn't a domaineer and 'sometimes we win' isn't a concept which is really applicable to him now is it? he could not afford 2 make a mistake. it's not the same when u have 1,000 different domains and u can afford 2 take chances, and when u have 1 domain which is only good through november 2004. in the latter case, u simply don't have room for error.

i think :huh:
Even when you are an experienced domain reseller I think you have to know when to "cash-in" on a limited time opportunity!

TPT

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In his position, I would have cashed out at anything over $50k. There was a limited time that this domain would have been useful and it's not worth the risk of losing everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom