Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Whats all this hype about "aaa"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chodhry

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you see any drop list for exapmle this one.

A lot of expired domian names have this "aaa" in the begining. I see the same patteren for any domain you type in. What really makes it worth to register a domian name with aaa at the start?

Can anyone please help.

Thanks!

domaintalk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well as you can see a is the begining of the alphabet so maybe thats one reason there is hype about.
Apart from that see a gets settled in every name so like for example a free hosting or ahosting , all are short generic words so they have some value because a can be used in most of the sentences like a-cheap-hosting.

Regards

Chodhry

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
domaintalk said:
Well as you can see a is the begining of the alphabet so maybe thats one reason there is hype about.
Apart from that see a gets settled in every name so like for example a free hosting or ahosting , all are short generic words so they have some value because a can be used in most of the sentences like a-cheap-hosting.

Regards

Ofcourse that makes sense but I am talking about "aaa" (tripplet). How com eso many domains are deleted and available again for rereg. Apparently who ever registered these aaa domians didnt get what he hoped for it. Anyways I am still curious about this "aaa" Why would you register it in the first place?

domaintalk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ah So if like someone regs aaa-tutorial.com he msut have thought that aaa has some worth because there are 100 to 1000's of domains i guess which has aaa in the front or at the end so that might be the possiblity.

Chodhry

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
domaintalk said:
Ah So if like someone regs aaa-tutorial.com he msut have thought that aaa has some worth because there are 100 to 1000's of domains i guess which has aaa in the front or at the end so that might be the possiblity.

"aaa" has some crazy search results on overture. :-O
328547 aaa
39989 aaa travel
16584 aaa insurance
14221 aaa auto club
10431 aaa math
7387 aaa michigan
5394 aaa cooper
5253 aaa auto
5043 aa aaa
4593 aaa auto insurance
4529 aaa travel agency
4476 aaa vacation
4258 triple aaa
4036 aaa california
3322 aaa map
3130 aaa baseball
3015 aaa texas
2998 american automobile association aaa
2859 aaa math.com
2770 aaa mid atlantic
2716 aaa membership
2671 aaa southern california
2638 aaa motor club
2443 aaa arizona
2231 aaa travel services
2228 aaa carolinas
2156 aaa washington
2106 aaa calif.com
2025 aaa south
1950 aaa car insurance
1949 aaa ohio
1918 aaa financial services
1817 welcome aaa
1802 aaa club
1798 aaa credit card
1793 aaa hockey
1721 aaa wisconsin
1667 aaa discount
1626 aaa hotel
1603 aaa com

:huh:

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chodhry said:
If you see any drop list for exapmle this one.

A lot of expired domian names have this "aaa" in the begining. I see the same patteren for any domain you type in. What really makes it worth to register a domian name with aaa at the start?

Can anyone please help.

Thanks!

It's because most directories (and most importantly telephone directories) list businesses in alphabetical order hence if you're called 'AAA whatever' you're going to appear at or near the top without paying a premium.

Numbers typically appear before letters – which is why I have 12345.info :)

- Rob

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same reason why so many places are named "Aaron's" and "Aardvark" in the phonebook.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
AAA is the equivalent of saying it is a 5 star hotel just a rating that says it is top notch service, could be related to anything.
most have to do with the triple a auto club , but many people reg names with aaa in front trying to capitolize on a triple a rating, meaning better than others in their industry, most drop by the way

Capt. Flash

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Leading Names said:
It's because most directories (and most importantly telephone directories) list businesses in alphabetical order hence if you're called 'AAA whatever' you're going to appear at or near the top without paying a premium.

Numbers typically appear before letters – which is why I have 12345.info :)

- Rob
Right on the money.

In the old days in order to be listed first in the "Yellow Pages" you had to start your business name with a, aa or aaa. Back then potential customers would only call the first two or three numbers listed at the top of the relevant section so success depended on being listed in the top 3 spots. Many establisments would make up a name for this purpose, i.e AAATowing owned by Hank's Towing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom