Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What's going on across the PPC industry????

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a strange trend of reducing revenue already earned at Afternic, Namedrive during last several days. Every 24 hrs Namedrive is reducing "already earned revenue" of about 30% (lets say your balance for the end of the day is : 7,0 USD, next day you are starting with 5,0 USD, Afternic is substracting some dollars from the earned revenue (about 15 %)every day, as we all know Sedo drastically reduced €/click (but at least Sedo does not take your past earnings deposited on your account.
Looks like the great part of the industry is falling down to the black hole with PPC calculation.
Maybe someone knows whats going on?

Sad, hookah

kslup

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
could be the number of fraud clicks....

ROI not good -> advertisers not gonna bid high prices

no high bids -> less money for us...

i am sad too.. with all of them... still looking around for a good parking program now.....

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
kslup said:
could be the number of fraud clicks....

I supposed this kind of supposition :) I must immediately react saying that I exclude any click fraud in my case. I am not an active traffic buyer - I am rather traffic seller. All domains I parked were registered as OVT w/ext and have natural traffic ONLY. In other words I've never bought ANY traffic for my domains, I've NEVER clicked in any of my domains' links, I've never used clicks scripts (in fact I know something like this exists but never seen or downloaded), I dont assist my domains to gain additional traffic. I only register and park. So I exclude any click fraud in my case (or there can be a kind of fraud I am not aware of caused by somebody else?). I am open to any tests they can apply to check up the correctness of my traffic. This is why I am deeply surprised for the last 3 days providers of PPC programs behave in this way.
I am still sad.
hookah

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think its trickling down from large advertisers themselves , complaining about ROI , PPC companies inability to detect a lot of click fraud has something to do with this as well , you see it in the recent moves by DS integrating revenue.net into the system to try fighting off click frauders by rewarding more for traffic that actually convert sales.

kslup

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hookah said:
I supposed this kind of supposition :) I must immediately react saying that I exclude any click fraud in my case. I am not an active traffic buyer - I am rather traffic seller. All domains I parked were registered as OVT w/ext and have natural traffic ONLY. In other words I've never bought ANY traffic for my domains, I've NEVER clicked in any of my domains' links, I've never used clicks scripts (in fact I know something like this exists but never seen or downloaded), I dont assist my domains to gain additional traffic. I only register and park. So I exclude any click fraud in my case (or there can be a kind of fraud I am not aware of caused by somebody else?). I am open to any tests they can apply to check up the correctness of my traffic. This is why I am deeply surprised for the last 3 days providers of PPC programs behave in this way.
I am still sad.
hookah

Well... does anyone click on their own ads? i believe very few of us do that..

same goes to click script, and those stuff.

PS uses Adsense feeds, Adsense is a very big program... across the internet. and it is not only limited to domain parking only, but to live websites too..

I reckon that those click fraud come mostly from those live websites....
In fact, the most clicks are from those live website, not parked domains...

but we get into the hole too..

That's my 2 cents......

saying that, is there any program that has their own ads specially for parked domains??

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is General Unrest in the industry. Not one single program is not affected by it.. Christmas is just around the corner and you would think PPC advertising is on the way up, but it would seem that this is not the case.. DomainSponsors new Program and SEDOs alleged 2 month payout mistakes and now with fabulous and its aggressive account closures have caused a butterfly effect.... focus is on the Programs even from those not affected.

Yahoos Version of the Adsense program has gained huged momentum and is also bound to affect the google bottom line with more advertisers testing the waters expecially as Yahoo has started an aggressive marketing campaign for its Advertising Services.

Its safe to say the industry is changing, and probably for the better in the long run.

on the note of click fraud.. most of it is done by an advertisers competitors in order to price out its competitors, or click fraud by disgruntled customers.. I heard a story that someone was using a bot to click on a certain parking programs ads on google..

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I want the Yahoo Publisher Network out of BETA and available to Canadians as well as Americans

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can suggest it is the beginning of the end of PPC business model. Google have lost the fight with click fraud networks long time ago. That is why they diversify in hectic style their business in recent months. It is easy to predict that CPA will rule. Revenue.net (and the like) will be a better choice for every advertiser.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Pay per Performance is the way to go. If your traffic is good then you earn well and more than what you would on any PPC. The new year will see more Performance Based Programs and Lead Based Programs for the Finance industry.

Exciting Times..

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I can not see difference between Pay per Performance and Cost per Acquisition (CPA) from advertiser's point of view.

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The "cost-per-action" model (as different from "cost-per-click" model) is an alternative for advertisers but does not exclude "revenue-per-click" model for traffic owners. What an advertiser wants to pay for (visit+buy) is also a result of atractiveness of his website (even a traffic is targeted for his products) and traffic owner can only provide a number of visits to particular website. So I think the combined model of CPA+CPC for advertisers and RPA+RPC for traffic owners will be the solution the PPC industry will apply. Months of testing are needed to built the optimized proportions within each block in satisfactory way for both: advertisers and traffic owners. Meanwhile, an advertiser pays even 10x more for each click what a traffic owner receives. The rest goes to ...hmm. I just use parking services and it's not my biz how much they earn. The market will correct the proportions sooner or later.

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Expect to see parking sites taking a bigger piece of the pie with this model.

It's one thing to develop a site and use a feed, but quite another when you have to approach advertisers, explain the model, work with their developers to track things, etc... It's a much more involved process!

However, even though the provider may get a larger portion of the pie then they do now, the parker will still earn more if they have quality traffic.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a much more involved process!
I dont believe that to be true at all.. based on the current structure of Commision Junction for example. Give me 2 php developers and 2 weeks and I could have a working model with complete tracking for each member. There would be some manual query work to do until Commision Junction implemented an API to its reporting functions..

This would be a win win situation for the advertisers, I could easily say that the advertiser would see a DRAMATIC increase in revenue.. and would cancel out the Rip Off Advertisers that Claim "Invalid Credit Cards" and other reasons to refuse commissions, as they would risk losing a piece if the pie.. and would encourage competition for the advertisers to increase commision. I have invested hundreds of man hours researching this concept and as far back as December last year..

Normally I could talk myself out of something like this, but the figures dont lie.. I have made more money in one week using Targetted traffic on Performance Related Concept than I have ever made in a single month on the like of SEDO or DomainSponsor.. and I am using only 4% of my domains.. whats more the domains get less than 100 uniques a month.

I know that if I could get whats in my head into CODE there would be no stopping the money train. What I am doing just now is very manual to setup.. but then I sit back and watch my revenue double each month.

If I was an advertiser, I would rather pay one person a $100 a month to send me 100 uniques of targetted traffic than pay 1000 people $0.10 for less than mediocre traffic.
I could bet that the conversation rate of the one person would be better than the 1000.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
I want the Yahoo Publisher Network out of BETA and available to Canadians as well as Americans

Yep, if you read some of the reports, Yahoo actually TELEPHONES their publisher partners, to welcome them. That should force Google to raise the bar....if Microsoft joined in the fray too, a 3-way battle for publishers would create enough competition to ensure that honest publishers get a good rate for their traffic.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont need a phone call (although that would be nice) but having heard Yahoo's PPC rates are at least double, if not 3-5 times as high as Adsense's are enough to make me want to switch immediatly.

This morning my revenue was horrible, but after I got home from classes it had jumped back up to above normal levels. I wonder how much of this growing PPC problem was or is due to Adsense, seeing as the vast majority of PPC services use Adsense exclusively.

The one thing I find very hard with CPA is tracking, I know CJ has been accused of not crediting publishers with proper leads and this may be because they are crooked, but more likely it is because even they dont know how to track visitors properly. Say my domain leads a buyer toward a $50 pair of jeans, but he doesn't want to buy the jeans at first. However, after thinking about them for an hour, he logs back on to the site I directed him to and buys the jeans. In this scenerio, I probably get no commission even though the sale was made due to my traffic.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PPP was slow last few days. Picking up VERY rapidly on DS, for me anyway.

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
I dont believe that to be true at all.. based on the current structure of Commision Junction for example. Give me 2 php developers and 2 weeks and I could have a working model with complete tracking for each member. There would be some manual query work to do until Commision Junction implemented an API to its reporting functions..

This would be a win win situation for the advertisers, I could easily say that the advertiser would see a DRAMATIC increase in revenue.. and would cancel out the Rip Off Advertisers that Claim "Invalid Credit Cards" and other reasons to refuse commissions, as they would risk losing a piece if the pie.. and would encourage competition for the advertisers to increase commision. I have invested hundreds of man hours researching this concept and as far back as December last year..

Normally I could talk myself out of something like this, but the figures dont lie.. I have made more money in one week using Targetted traffic on Performance Related Concept than I have ever made in a single month on the like of SEDO or DomainSponsor.. and I am using only 4% of my domains.. whats more the domains get less than 100 uniques a month.

I know that if I could get whats in my head into CODE there would be no stopping the money train. What I am doing just now is very manual to setup.. but then I sit back and watch my revenue double each month.
You thinking scripting and system and I wasn't. I agree it could be put together quite quickly. But what I was referring to is the "man hours" selling it. PPC in it's current form can sell itself, but it can't work like that in a pay per action environment as there needs to be an element of tracking on the advertiser side.

Sites need to be looked at. Some sites because of poor design will never sell or sell very poorly. An add exec needs to be heavily involved in this type of process lest you end up with an affiliate program and we see how most of these have done recently.

namestrands said:
If I was an advertiser, I would rather pay one person a $100 a month to send me 100 uniques of targetted traffic than pay 1000 people $0.10 for less than mediocre traffic.
I could bet that the conversation rate of the one person would be better than the 1000.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner and the thought behind what I'm working on selling :)

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my understanding is that revenues at namedrive are not in real-time but calculated based on generic click/values and geo-origins every few hours or whatever...they are re-adjusted to their exact bid/value over time and then 48 hours later you get your cut...the final # may be reduced by as much as 50% of course

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's correct - don't pay any attention to the numbers for the last 48 hours and you'll be ok. They even have a prominent warning about this on every stats page!

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
my understanding is that revenues at namedrive are not in real-time but calculated based on generic click/values and geo-origins every few hours or whatever...they are re-adjusted to their exact bid/value over time and then 48 hours later you get your cut...the final # may be reduced by as much as 50% of course

Yes, I know, however I must correct that the final revenue can be reduced by over 90%. Also, 0 USD per click is not motivational. Thanks God I am only testing some domains there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom