Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service what's the "Auth Code "?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnorgcom

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
when I transfer a domain to godaddy.com, it asks me the "Auth Code ", could you please tell me what the "Auth Code " is ?
thanks

domaintalk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Auth code is an security code which Should be a code sent to the e-mail of the owner of the domain for security purposes.
He goes to the link , they ask for the transcation/auth code and he has to fill that to proceed further for the transfers.

dnorgcom

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks very much!!!
I want to transfer a .us domain from ownyourweb to godaddy, how can I get the "Auth Code "?
and how long it will take?

domaintalk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just go to GoDaddy's main page and you'll see an option for domain Transfers, select that.

It'll ask you for the domain name "thename.com", then it'll ask if you're a new customer or have an existing account. Put in the details of your existing account (username and password), and confirm that you want to transfer the domain to yourself at this account.

Once you've done that I'll get an email asking me to approve the transfer, I will, then it'll go through.

You might be able to do it cheaper or even for free with one of your other registrars you say you have, GoDaddy charges $7.95 for transfers. But the process should be about the same at all of them so just decide which one you want to use and follow the steps.

dnorgcom

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks, when I do the transfer, it asked me the "Auth Code ", I don't know how to get it , what can I do?

domaintalk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You will get that through email i guess.

dnorgcom

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how long it will take for me to receive the "Auth Code "?

thank you, domaintalk!

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you should get the autgh code in a amtter of a couple of hours maximum.
you will get it by email, however, you need to ask to get it.
initiating a transfer from another registrar is not enough for the current registrar to send you the auth code.
you need to ask for it.
in GD for example, when you click on a domain that needs auth codes (info/biz/us/org) there is a link that says 'sent me the auth code by email'.

dnorgcom

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks ,seeker!
it really work!
I've got the code, thanks you all again

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom