Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What's the Best Place for Hosting Multiple Sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I own several websites and they are all hosted at different places. I was wondering what is the best place to host multiple sites at a decent rate, with easy to manage control and admin functions.

Thanks in advance.

OgieOgalthorpe

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are several good reseller hosts out there. How many sites are you looking to host?

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OgieOgalthorpe said:
There are several good reseller hosts out there. How many sites are you looking to host?

I have 5 right now that are currently all at different hosting companies. I thought it might be easier and maybe even cheaper to host through the same one. I also have a few more that I would like to get rollin..

I'll check out bestreseller.com and see what they can offer,thanks Darren06.

Thanks for the help.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You want a reseller account so you can have subaccounts all under your main account, and you only have to deal with billing from one place. Very easy to manage. Oh, and you'll have WHM which is definitely useful.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you have a reseller account Jonathan? If so, who do you use? You can PM me if you prefer. Thanks.

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1&1 lets you point unlimited domains to the space you have there. They were down a lot for a week or two there, but seem to be working well again.

dvestors said:
I own several websites and they are all hosted at different places. I was wondering what is the best place to host multiple sites at a decent rate, with easy to manage control and admin functions.

Thanks in advance.

austinandrew

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm partial to Hostica.com. For $20 you can host unlimited sites, subject only to bandwidth/storage limits. I host 40 or so sites with them and pay only about $50 a month, and it's higher only because I get hundreds of thousands of page views so my bandwidth cost is higher.

dvestors said:

Thanks in advance.

austinandrew

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Method5 looks really good. What is their uptime like? Also, if you go over your storage space how much do they charge? Just don't want to get "trapped". One more question...what is their support like?

Thanks!

jason said:

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I host all my sites on one account @ webair.com .. they supported unlimited domains. :)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
You want a reseller account so you can have subaccounts all under your main account, and you only have to deal with billing from one place. Very easy to manage. Oh, and you'll have WHM which is definitely useful.
It really depends on whether you are reselling hosting yourself or not. For those who only host websites of their own, WebHost Manager (WHM) might be too overwhelming; I'd say a CPanel-only plan will be enough (and actually easier to manage). ;)

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
It really depends on whether you are reselling hosting yourself or not. For those who only host websites of their own, WebHost Manager (WHM) might be too overwhelming; I'd say a CPanel-only plan will be enough (and actually easier to manage). ;)
How can you even manage a bunch of sites using only CPanel? I don't resell hosting, but having WHM makes it really easy to manage each site individually.

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should definetly get a reseller plan with Cpanel/WHM which gives you the ability to create and manage multiple sites. WHM is quite easy to use and makes it a breeze to manage multiple sites.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As someone who sells reseller hosting accounts equipped with WebHost Manager (WHM), I really shouldn't be saying this. ;) But the truth is: CPanel is designed with multiple domains in mind. For people who don't resell, the best hosting strategy would be to use a one-stop login (from control panel to FTP), unless those websites are really huge (but then that would be another story). Remember WHM means WebHost Manager? ;) I wouldn't down play its learning curve, not to say it's primary purpose is to allow mutiple users in the first place. I am aware though that many people actually use WHM/CPanel differently; and I actually have clients who use only CPanel to host *their* clients, rendering only FTP logins. Who cares? :)

ticky

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You don't need a reseller hosting account to have multiple websites under one account.

With a normal shared hosting account with cpanel, you can have "addon domains". Some hosts even allow unlimited addon domains!

My input on this is to get a reseller account if you need very individualized control of each website.

Most cpanel webhosts should have this option for you.

Hope this helps.

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i really like having the reseller account... i had 30 sites hither and yon at a half dozen hosts and was paying out the .... well you get the idea. My reseller account gives me one interface, total control over space and bandwidth for each account, and I literally am saving thousands of dollars annually.

On top of all that i'm using jc-hosting.net so i have the best customer support on the planet and they just fired up c-panel (along with continuing to offer the ensim control panel). Picking up a reseller account for hosting was the best decision I've made for my business in years...

Vivvy

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Vivvy said:
i had 30 sites hither and yon at a half dozen hosts and was paying out the .... well you get the idea. My reseller account gives me one interface
Tell me about it, Vivvy. My monthly bill for hosting some 20 domains with WebCom (later acquired by Verio) back in 1997 was $200+ (and came with minimal disk space and bandwidth). But one thing I liked about them was that they allow me to manage all my domains/websites in one place, and that's what saved a lot of hassle. Now, we have way much more options. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom