Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale What's the cheapest registrar for Dot TV ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks in advance for helping.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks you helped a lot. I've also heard about a diff. renewal fee for premium domains, is this true ? How's the fee calculated exactly ?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks you helped a lot. I've also heard about a diff. renewal fee for premium domains, is this true ? How's the fee calculated exactly ?

premi's typically have higher renewal fees, and that fee is specific to a certain premi domain

for instance "business.tv" renewal fee could be $500 a year, while "boxing.tv" renewal fee could be $200...it depends on the name.

but i believe all premium .tv names now have same renewal fee as regular .tv names, depending on registrar.

check to be sure though

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We don't have any premium .TV yet but thanks for your explanation. I asked because we were planning to buy one and it's beter knowing in advance how things works :)
I've instead just used dynadot for an hand reg (our first .TV), nothing special of course.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We don't have any premium .TV yet but thanks for your explanation. I asked because we were planning to buy one and it's beter knowing in advance how things works :)
I've instead just used dynadot for an hand reg (our first .TV), nothing special of course.

was looking at a few of those premi .tv's while replying to your questions

i know some of them get traffic.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ah sure .TV is a great TLD for strong premium keywords.

DomainCollectorz

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomainMonster.com usually charges around $23 a year for dot tv domain renewals

nicedomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
premi's typically have higher renewal fees, and that fee is specific to a certain premi domain

for instance "business.tv" renewal fee could be $500 a year, while "boxing.tv" renewal fee could be $200...it depends on the name.

but i believe all premium .tv names now have same renewal fee as regular .tv names, depending on registrar.

check to be sure though

To clarify.

There are two different premium .tv domains right now 1) legacy premium 2) reg fee premiums. Biggie is right to say that all premium .tv names (EXCEPT legacy premiums) now have the same renewal fee as regular .tv names.. here on out as of March 2010. The difference is that the legacy premium domain name holders still must pay the registration fee they are locked in at (which in some cases may be hundreds or thousands of dollars each year). If a legacy premium name is dropped, which was the case with sports.tv at $100k/yr. So, it will get caught by a name/dynadot registrar and repriced as a premium name to become available for registration at name.com or dynadot registrars.

In March 2010, Verisign released a majority of the remaining premium names to be registered at regular registration fee, which the lowest at the time was $20-$25. Some were still held back and are available to register for price ranges from $200 upto at least $3300 (which is the most expensive one I've seen recently, pictures.tv). Many premiums have been and continue to be registered for a single premium price. Once the name is in your account, it's yours for regular renewal fee there on out.

.... Anyway back to the topic :lol: I guess name.com and dynadot are cheapest to register at $10.99. Godaddy/domainmonster cheapest to renew.. averages out pretty much the same.

Last edited:

DomainCollectorz

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Godaddy charges $40 to renew with them unless you have a renewal code. Godaddy is probably one of the most expensive domain registration places out there, which is why I dont understand why they have so many customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom