Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What's the current state of .cc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are we seeing an upswing in the popularity of .cc? What do you think would increase popularity and demand?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I HATE .cc with a passion...

It doesn't mean anything (.ws "stands" for website) and the nation it represents is barely a nation at all - there is no market there.

I think .cc is basically the worst extension out there - if you are looking to pick up premium keywords in CCTLD's then look at other extensions, because they are more likely available and will work just as well.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.cc get more typeins than some other extensions.
.com is the best , .cc is nowhere close, but they do attract people typing them in.
Why? beats me. I guess because people are starting to hear them on the radio and see them in ads on tv and in magazines. Why do you ask, whats cooking?

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the registration price ever comes down to $8 then you will see a surge in registrations , as there are many many one word and good keyword .cc still available , until that happens it is stuck in the mud.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
www said:
Are we seeing an upswing in the popularity of .cc? What do you think would increase popularity and demand?

If your name is brandable and have the $ to advertise then get it. Otherwise do not. i.e.) cdcovers.cc, counters.cc. People know them.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but the point is ANY TLD can work if you have the $ to advertise...

I dont understand why people with solid .cc names think they are all high and mighty (on NP...not here)

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i get more type ins from my .cc than .ws
and there are more developed .cc sites on the net than .ws...

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, domainers, for this input. As GT knows, I have long known of his personal feelings about .cc :) . I passed on SanFranciso, which I regret, and only regged LosAngeles - with respect to California, that is. The recent LosAngeles appraisal thread, while admittedly not as high as I would have liked overall, was nonetheless considerably better than one might have expected here at DNF not long ago at all. When I saw that Seeker was the most current poster here, I had a slightly sinking feeling (only in light of one thing he wrote before about .cc), but was pleasantly surprised to find his post to be a clearly positive one (after all, how can living amidst true feta and baklava not ultimately have a positive effect upon the soul? :-D ). It looks like positive progress to me reading this whole thread.

I'm inclined to agree that a price drop would likely change things, perhaps in a very big way. As for the meaning of the acronym, aside from its country code designation, that is, my personal feeling is that, while not only being visually/aesthetically pleasing, it is remarkably versatile. It doesn't have to mean one thing, such as "website," but is fun and useful for a lot of things in which the sld can say one thing with a "cc" subtitle, e.g., LCDs.cc ("crystal clear"), etc.; and then of course there are the better "cc" sld's as well, e.g., ColdCash.cc, CreditCards.cc (yeah, I'll mention that obvious one), etc.

As for MediaHound's question - nothing really cooking. I have a small number of .cc's which I intend to simply use and would like very much to see the tld become much more well known and popular, not to mention the positive impact that could only have for LosAngeles.cc. I like .cc, although I don't have many, and would like to see it take off.

Thanks again, domainers.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will admit, a name like LosAngeles.cc has some nice value...

but how does it have anymore value than LosAngeles.cz or LosAngeles.(insert random country code here)?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
I will admit, a name like LosAngeles.cc has some nice value...

but how does it have anymore value than LosAngeles.cz or LosAngeles.(insert random country code here)?

GT, checked for hos many sites are developed with the .cc extension compared to other ccTLDS (and no, I dont mean co.uk or de :) )
it is better known in the minds of your average surfer which probably doesnt know the difference between the url bat and the google search area on their browser.

gdurni

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not think .cc has huge value, it does however carry some. Some people seem to like it because it looks good on a short domain. It is a double letter insted of .ws or .cz.

i just made 250 bucks on a .cc i reg'ed 2 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom