Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What's the lifespan of the PPC industry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I made $10K in the last 30 days from typos of a national promotion. My parking company made another $10K. I find it hard to believe that the advertisers got $20K worth of value. Someone was probably a hero for a period of time when the website went nuts but I can't imagine it resulted in real revenue for them. Is there going to be a backlash from advertisers against low-quality traffic? Will there be 20 times as many people doing this in the next 12 months, making good names hard to come by? Are there built-in controls that make this a win-win for all involved? Probably not a popular subject here but I would like to hear some thoughts.

Domain Days 2024

khuldun

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thats great if you earned so muhc but then, its the advertisers money, if they are spending it, there must be some reaosn for them to do so. If they wont get results, the value of such revenue wiould go down!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duckinla said:
I made $10K in the last 30 days from typos of a national promotion. My parking company made another $10K. I find it hard to believe that the advertisers got $20K worth of value. Someone was probably a hero for a period of time when the website went nuts but I can't imagine it resulted in real revenue for them. Is there going to be a backlash from advertisers against low-quality traffic? Will there be 20 times as many people doing this in the next 12 months, making good names hard to come by? Are there built-in controls that make this a win-win for all involved? Probably not a popular subject here but I would like to hear some thoughts.

I am trying to determine if:

a) you used this post simply to attempt to brag
b) you are admitting to using some sort of traffic inflation system
c) you feel guilty

However, you do bring up a good point.

I think traffic will always be valuable, especially highly targeted traffic. I think DS has it right currently - my domains with targeted traffic make more than 8 times per click compared to the names with international/untargeted traffic.

Of course, SEDO has no problem with untargeted traffic, until its time for them to pay you and they cancel your account saying the traffic did not generate enough conversions and therefore they aren't giving you a cent...

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Answer C is most appropriate. It got to be so much revenue from a few lucky sites that it really made me think about who was paying it and whether such a short-term windfall was harmful to myself and the industry long-term. No reason to brag, one great month but otherwise I have to imagine I'm a miniature compared to most in this industry.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the x factor is greed , for both publishers and advertisers alike, as long as there is greed then PPC will continue in some form.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duckinla said:
I made $10K in the last 30 days from typos of a national promotion. My parking company made another $10K. I find it hard to believe that the advertisers got $20K worth of value.
First, congratulations on that ($10k in 30 days). But I'm more inclined in thinking that the advertiser actually made way much more than that. To be honest, it cost them more than just $20k to run a NATIONAL promo campaign; and for a company which cannot even get $20k net a month, I doubt they can afford even any state-wide ad campaign. Just some quick thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom