Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What's the Typical Monthly Revenue Multiple for a TM Typo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moniker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I gather it has to be discounted for potential of UDRP loss and other pleasantries.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Who in their right mind would consider knowingly buying a tm typo?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Who in their right mind would consider knowingly buying a tm typo?

I'd say at least half of all Domainers.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is a reason they are dropping in record numbers. You have more to lose, than gain, you might be comparing numbers to PPC gold rush days, there is so many more ways to make legit revenue online, why even bother with this nonsense.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It may also depend on whoever the TM holder is. Some are known for being aggressive or going straight for the jugular.
Is there still a market for such domains ?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'd say at least half of all Domainers.

Did you just pull a random number off your hat? If you say 1 in 2 domainers has tm typos, then you must have some because I sure as hell don't have any.

moniker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Based on what I witness people saying what they'll pay for them in the Wanted sections on here and NP, probably 18 months.

moniker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Based on what I witness people saying what they'll pay for them in the Wanted sections on here and NP, probably 18 months.

18 months? That's not too shabby for something that can be taken away at any moment.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still big money in typos tubmlr.com sold for over $13k in snapnames auctions recently and yes it was bought by various who own AFF so even competitors are buying typos,i have seen numerous typos going to commercial websites in the past.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All I can say is anyone that buys them now is either a newbie or needs to be retrained in domaining.

People buy crack cocaine on the streets, that doesn't make it right.

Adam

moniker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All I can say is anyone that buys them now is either a newbie or needs to be retrained in domaining.

People buy crack cocaine on the streets, that doesn't make it right.

Adam

Yes and no.

Yes:

1) Tasting was practically killed which was crucial for typo acquisition
2) Many brands are more aware of typos and are much more aggressive than before
3) There's a few cases of actual very costly suits (besides UDRP)

No:

1) Vast majority of brands still don't enforce
2) There are still huge portfolios of typos out there
3) Typos are still a very substantial chunk of parked revenue. Just ask parking company operators what % of their traffic is typo, I'm sure they will be absolutely thrilled to tell you :p
4) Given 1,2 and 3 there is still an aftermarket for typos.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Did you just pull a random number off your hat? If you say 1 in 2 domainers has tm typos, then you must have some because I sure as hell don't have any.

50% is my own estimate based on what I've seen on the forums and countless other outlets.... You'd have to be either blind or illiterate not to see them, Many domainers have been quite bold in putting them out there, no shame at all in listing TM's or TM typos, or asking questions how to best monetize them, I've even seen some put them in their sig, everything from Youtube to Twitter to Facebook domains that infringe on someone else s hard work... A good example of that is Michael Mann, who was forced to transfer 21 domains that infringed on Facebook's mark, and this is a recognized veteran domainer who should know better, I know you and others look up to him just because he's wealthy and successful, but look at the message he's sending to other domainers, he's basically saying that cybersquatting is OK.

I'm also reminded of the backlash I received when I posted here that "Cybersqatters are Scum", the negative response I got from that one post was a big wake up call of just many domainers peddle in TM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom