Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What's the usual process

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I am just starting to get familiar with using the SnapNames service and have back-ordered my first domain which I am overlooking closely. I just checked into my account today and it appears the back-ordered domain is no longer there. I havent received any emails to confirm the domain was captured so I am a little confused as to why this is so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

domaino

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dcristo said:
Hi All

I am just starting to get familiar with using the SnapNames service and have back-ordered my first domain which I am overlooking closely. I just checked into my account today and it appears the back-ordered domain is no longer there. I havent received any emails to confirm the domain was captured so I am a little confused as to why this is so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

It is likely that snapnames failed to acquire the domain when it dropped, if they did acquire it then it should have gone straight into auction. However it is strange that they haven't notified you, as i always receive an almost instant notification that the attempt was successful/un-successful.

Hope this helps.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm looking at the whois of the domain its now Registered through GoDaddy. WTF? Im new to all this domain biz but I was of the assumption SnapNames capture the name before anyone else is supposedly meant to get it? Rightfully so when your at least paying $60 USD for the domain compared to only about $19 USD through Godaddy's service. Any insight into how this all works would be appreciated. Im spewing about this cause I really wanted the domain. Maybe I'll make em an offer they cant refuse :)

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, the intricacies of 'drops'. There are a lot of 'players' out there before you have a chance of getting a good drop. Not least of all, the participating 'registrars' who make the biggest profit out of something that should be out of their hands, and on a 'first to the post' basis. A book could be written about this (and probably already has been) but you need to do a LOT of research before you have a chance of a cheap 'drop'. Don't play this game unless you know what you're up against ;)

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the domain dropped Snapnames should have and probably would send an email notice that the backorder attempt failed. But it sounds to me like the old owner transferred the domain to Godaddy. Looking at the whois, does it show a new creation date (recent) or does it have the old date that was shown before it was regged with GD?

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your responses. The reg date is showing a new creation date. I have a hunch I was too late with the backorder as the date of the estimated drop was May 16... Im open to any suggestions on how I should approach future domain captures :)

Azooza... it sounds like your scared of a little competition :) There's thousands of domains dropped daily so there's plenty to go around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom