Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Whats up with .asia domains any feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It been very quiet on the dot asia , has anybody heard of any big sales on the market.. Except asia registery????

Smittels

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
at this time its hard, no one will buy or invest in .asia:veryangry:

i think it needs time :undecided:

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have dropped many .asia domains.

jmcc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The .asia sTLD has moved into its Junk Dump phase and a lot of the highly speculative registrations that could not be flipped or monetised are being dropped. The .asia domain count (zonefile) was 238713 domains on 01/May/2009. Yesterday's count was 222914 (a drop of 15799). If this trend keeps up, the .asia could go below 200K by the end of the month. The new registration figures for each month is only around 3K a month.

Regards...jmcc

seek99

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes .asia i sold 18 and bought aswell they rising with prices.

They will get value 35% of .com at least in 2 years time.
for sure let companies start building sites and users doing online business in 73 countries.

its going to take time to do that prices only rise form here for sure.
I own affiliate.asia i have gotten offer for that name $17,500 3 offers now rejected.

The .asia sTLD has moved into its Junk Dump phase and a lot of the highly speculative registrations that could not be flipped or monetised are being dropped. The .asia domain count (zonefile) was 238713 domains on 01/May/2009. Yesterday's count was 222914 (a drop of 15799). If this trend keeps up, the .asia could go below 200K by the end of the month. The new registration figures for each month is only around 3K a month.

Regards...jmcc

Smittels

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmm.. i have 30 .asia Domains and no sales at this time...

maybe to bad .asia domains:sigh2:

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

for sure let companies start building sites and users doing online business in 73 countries.

I own affiliate.asia i have gotten offer for that name $17,500 3 offers now rejected.

Wow. Nice offers. I would have accepted them personally.

No way it will be worth one third of .com. Even .net are not even worth that much.

Good luck

jmcc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
216741 as of this morning's (24/May/2009) zone file. That's down 21972 on the figure for 01/May/2009 and it is going to go lower. Interest in .asia seems to be collapsing as many domainers are beginning to focus on their main markets (.com and ccTLDs) due to the recession.

Regards...jmcc

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that crazy that the dot asia registry is selling the dot asia for xx.xxx in auction i have some good dot asia.. intermodal.asia , spicyhot.asia , tunafish.asia, xx3.asia, etc etc

adomaindeal

Find Premium Domain
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow you the lucky Guy.

I was there in affiliate.asia auction and lost the name anyway good luck to your sale.

If you want to work with me I have many .asia sitting like dust if you want to brokerage i will be happy to work with you.

pm me if you like my offer.

JohnNapoletano

John Napoletano
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.asia will rise in value. Right now the most action I've seen is with 1 word names or those names that reflect real business. You just have to ask around to find out what's selling and what's not. A few sales I've heard about but was not involved in. RealEstate.asia $6,000 February, Insure.asia $24,750 (approx) March. There's others going on from $50 to $2,000 that I have been involved in mostly as the buyer. Since it's a new market there is no sense grabbing multi word keyword domain names unless you plan to hold them for a long time or develop. But 1 word domains and great names are trading. I own Silver.asia for example. For sure that will make a nice import/export business for someone.

jmcc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The change in .cn regulations may affect the registration figures in .asia sTLD. However the growth rate of .asia is very low (more like a small ccTLD than a gTLD). I think that the long term trend is towards ccTLDs and away from the third or fourth choice gTLDs. It will take a long time for .asia domains to develop serious value.

Regards...jmcc

JohnNapoletano

John Napoletano
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jmcc you are starting to sound like a derivitives trader -- all negative to knock down the value and profit from it :)

Don't you see any positives happening in the .asia market?

Insure.asia $24,750 just sold on SEDO this month. That's serious value for most domainers in the world.

jmcc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jmcc you are starting to sound like a derivitives trader -- all negative to knock down the value and profit from it :)
Well I'm not Nick Leeson. :) I'm more of a Quant.

There is one possible positive effect for .asia over the next year - the restrictions on .cn registrations may force some people to reconsider .asia domains. The effect will be slow at first as it would be closely linked to .cn renewals.

Insure.asia $24,750 just sold on SEDO this month. That's serious value for most domainers in the world.
It is. But it is an exceptional sale. A good speculative TLD needs a sustained level of those kind of sales and as a TLD becomes more mature, the development of sites and interest in the TLD will boost the prices. I did a survey of the frequency of approximately 5880 keywords (generic domain terms) in com/net/org/biz/info/mobi/asia over the last few days and there is still a lot of opportunities in .asia sTLD.

Regards...jmcc

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

i have Intermodal.asia , FreightBrokers.asia , FreightBroker.asia, NeonSigns.asia, KingCrab.asia, CameraWorld.asia, SeaCruises.asia, TunaFish.asia ,OceanFreight.asia, DefenseLawyers.asia, DefenseLawyer.asia , SpicyHot.asia, MusicTones.asia . Which ones should i keep???

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom