Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What's up with SEDO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehdonhon

Open-source developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had a buyer for a one of my domains at SEDO for over a month now, and every time I try to contact SEDO about transfering the name, it seems like they are giving me the run-around.

At first, SEDO told me that they needed to hear from the admin contact (me) of the domain that it was ok for them to tell the buyer to start the transfer. I wrote to them from the admin contact and told them to start the transfer.

Next, I waited. And when I didn't hear anything, I started sending them message through their online form asking for the status of the transfer. After several messages to them, they finally wrote back and said that "The admin contact" hadn't confirmed the transfer after they had sent multiple requests (multiple requests not received, btw). I wrote back to them to say "Yes I did approve it, a long time ago".

Another day or two went by and then I got a response from SEDO that the domain was locked, when it obviously wasn't. I replied and told them that the domain was not locked.

Next, they responded and told me that the buyer tried to transfer the domain and the transfer failed. I wrote to my registrar and was told by my registrar that the domain was not locked, and that they had no logs from Verisign of any transfer ever being initiated. I forwarded that information onto SEDO.

More time went by, and I started getting notices from my registrar that the domain would expire in 3 months. So, I wrote to SEDO and asked again for the status of the transfer. Next, they wrote back to me and told me that the buyer tried to transfer the domain, but could not transfer it because it was too close to expiration (AT THREE MONTHS?????) . They asked me to renew the domain name at the current registrar (at my own expense) so that they buyer could start the transfer.

I wrote back to SEDO and let them know that was just crap. The domain name was not being blocked from transfer and no transfer had even been attempted. No response from SEDO.

So, to prove my point, I transferred the name myself from one registrar to another. The transfer went through right away without a single catch. I wrote to SEDO to let them know about that. I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

I'm curious if anybody else is having similar issues with SEDO lately? I've only been a customer of theirs for 10 months now, but it seems like their service has gone downhill lately. It is taking longer and longer to get a response from them, and the quality (and accuracy) of those responses are getting worse.

Any thoughts?

ehdonhon

Open-source developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update.

Finally got another response back from Sedo today. After I told them that I transferred the domain from one registrar to another to disprove their claim that the domain could not be transferred, I got a response back saying:

"I will be releasing the funds shortly. Need the confirmation from the buyer that he has the domain."

So sedo isn't even taking the time to read my e-mail. He just saw the words "successfully transferred" in my e-mail and didn't even pay attention to the rest. They obviously don't care. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Try posting in the relevant forum.

ehdonhon

Open-source developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
Try posting in the relevant forum.

My apologies. The description of this forum is "This is a private forum available to Platinum and Exclusive members to discuss anything you wish. " So, I assumed this was a relevant forum. Was I wrong? What would have been the correct place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom