Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What's wrong with GoDaddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

megahertzman

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have about ten of my domains registered with GoDaddy and it seems to be the best host ever! Infact, I'm trying to tranfer my domains registered with Register.com to GoDaddy as well.
But in one of the forums posted a while ago here in DNF I remeber some people were talking about how GoDaddy really sucks.

So what's the dirt, if any, on GoDaddy?

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A forum search should help you out.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy still provide one of the lowest domain registration but not the best in the domain market. Though they can also provide basic feature of domain name such as forwarding.

If you have specific question, send me pm and we'll try to help.

Regards,
tw

d'backs

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Godaddy still provide one of the lowest domain registration but not the best in the domain market.

huh???????? What the heck are you talking about. Have you ever used them? A betting man would say NOOOOO. They're the best i've found, hands down.

If they're no good, why do you use (or support) their reseller program? centerdomain.com

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by d'backs

huh???????? What the heck are you talking about. Have you ever used them? A betting man would say NOOOOO. They're the best i've found, hands down.

what he was saying was that although they are cheap - there are other registars (enom for example) who provide additional features as standard

DRS

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
like what? Name by phone.....wow:rolleyes:

d'backs,

I'm a Registrar marketer and I work for Registrars who want to sign up individual resellers and large accounts.

I've seen Godaddy, eNom, and Tucows registrar system but I've never seen one like Do dora registrar system.

I like their automated transfer process. Most important, their system works great for those who sell/trade names routinely.

For domain reseller, their wholesale domain names pricing is generous. (45 cents less than what you will pay at eNom)

I heard from the grapevine that their resellers will be able to offer back-order and appraisal services from their website by next month.

Have a look at their reseller program first.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have about 250 names with Godaddy.com, although I am not registering new names with them as the process takes a bit too long for me.

I am still renewing names with them.

Some of their procedures are a little long winded.

They also try to sell you lots of things at each stage, which if you only want to register a domain name, is a bit annoying.

They generally seem to be improving their systems and domain name services. (e.g. free transfers now instead of the original US$49 fee), now have free uncloaked redirection, although it can be a bit awkward to set up, especially if you end up with various different "customer numbers".

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
like what? Name by phone.....wow:rolleyes:

An Enom reseller will give you free email forwarding, Godaddy charges extra for that. Many people find that a very useful feature. You can roll your eyes at that too, if you like.

JustMe

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I've used GoDaddy, for about 2 months, and I have nothing good to say about them.

Now I have a Tucows account.

d'backs

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by greggish

An Enom reseller will give you free email forwarding, Godaddy charges extra for that. Many people find that a very useful feature. You can roll your eyes at that too, if you like.
:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

You can get 5 for $.99 at Go Daddy, you can probably even afford that greggish....

Alex C.

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
5 for .99 or 100 for free? which sounds better?

d'backs

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I know, we all could use 100 email forwardings.....:laugh:

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

If they're no good, why do you use (or support) their reseller program? centerdomain.com

Good for you, you didn't bet. Yes I know the service, because one of our domain name network is godaddy reseller (www.centerdomain.com).

Take it easy.
tw

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't like Godaddy at the first place.

I don't have Godaddy account until now.

And I passed meteorhost.com because it's at Godaddy.

What I do not like most is the name itself, GoDaddy. :D
And they're doing loe cost registration too, what's the good for their resellers if they want to compete with them ?

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

You can get 5 for $.99 at Go Daddy, you can probably even afford that greggish....

Hey, I could use that money to make a 20 minute long distance call http://1010220.com/ . Don't you listen to Alf? :D

newnoy

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
In my opinion. Godaddy's the best in the market. easy tools, tons of features, low prices. i personally like its "domain locking".

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Godaddy is good. Enom reseller, better. Finally getting your domains away from NSI, priceless! :D

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by newnoy
In my opinion. Godaddy's the best in the market. easy tools, tons of features, low prices. i personally like its "domain locking".

Just a note. Domain locking is now available in "every" registrar as standard services. Definitely enom still provide best value of domain names.

Cheers,
tw

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom