Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

what's your feedback with this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sealover

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
can you compare them to pool.com?
which is best?

sealover

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can tell you mine:
I tried to grab a site yesterday but unsuccesfully, I looked at the whois today and I see pool.com beat them to it.
So next time I'll be using pool.com services.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I may have to try out Pool.com aswell, I was unsuccessful very recently for a drop aswell. I guess it'd be worthwhile using both services as with SnapNames you only pay if you actually acquire the domain.

HugoD

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My opinion is. When you backorder a name you want it, otherwise you wouldn't have backordered it.

So what witholds you for backordering it at numerous services at the same time? You only get charged money if they succeed in grabbing the name for you.

So my suggestion, backorder a name you want with the biggest backordering sites and your chances will go up significantly to get into auction for it.

My personal experience is that SnapNames isn't the cheapest one around. Especially with some better domains prices are driven up fast.

Good luck with the drops,

Regards,

Hugo

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no one ignores me better than snapnames.... *sigh*

Vivvy

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Snapnames does not put too much efforts on grabing domains unless they speculate will be a fierce post-grabing auction.
I have bid many times for domains there, plus Pool and ClubDrop at the same time, and they never beated neither two.
However, too much time ago I bid on namewinner for a name I thought nobody would want, however Snapnames got it. :(

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sealover said:
can you compare them to pool.com?
which is best?
It's not that simple - if you want a name badly enough, use Pool, SnapNames and Enom. And maybe even NameWinner and GoDaddy, but good luck there.. It used to be the case that SnapNames would get 80%+ of the great names, and 99% of the average ones, but these days it's more of a lottery..

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
at least snapnames is much more honest in its business dealings and ethics...

M

mole

seeker said:
at least snapnames is much more honest in its business dealings and ethics...

That I have to agree. I was in an auction once and all the participants received notification that a shill had been detected and that the auction would be restarted at $60 with the shill user deleted.

Snapnames started the professional dropcatching industry, almost went bankrupt in the process 2 years back plus having the WLS plug pulled from them, but through it all showed the steadfast ethics and determination of a true-blue gentleman.

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to agree they are very professional they were also nice enough to buy back a domain from me that I won and did not actually want it.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
HugoD My personal experience is that SnapNames isn't the cheapest one around. Especially with some better domains prices are driven up fast. [/QUOTE said:
Snapnames charges $60.00, but that includes the registrar fee.
Instead ClubDrop charges $30.00 initially, but if captures the registrar fee is another $30.00 !!
So basically, Snapnames and ClubDrop is same price.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Snapnames.com is a very questionable company in my opionion. I won two auctions however I had old credit card information on file so my payment didn't go through instantly. I understand that was my fault. However, they sent automated e-mails asking me to update my credit card and they would re-bill. I did so and contacted them as they stated.

Then I find out they transferred the names away to some other buyer. I'm really not sure what kind of deals they have under the scene, but it seems very bad to not honor your own e-mails that ask a user to do something and then you don't follow through.

I'm thinking about pulling my business. I've yet to get a response from them.

Vivvy said:
no one ignores me better than snapnames.... *sigh*

Vivvy

croupier

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Instead ClubDrop charges $30.00 initially, but if captures the registrar fee is another $30.00 !!

Totaly wrong. Clubdrop charges you your standard reg fee (I have a $6.95 account) plus the drop fee. The drop fee can be as little as $10 on names which aren't contested by others but if you want to be certain of being in the auction if there's another bidder then the fee is $30 min.

I use clubdrop for name I'd like but aren't willing to pay the $60+ that the other places charge - I've grabbed many decent names for $16.95. If I really want a name then I use them all.

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
financialtraffic said:
Snapnames.com is a very questionable company in my opionion. I won two auctions however I had old credit card information on file so my payment didn't go through instantly. I understand that was my fault. However, they sent automated e-mails asking me to update my credit card and they would re-bill. I did so and contacted them as they stated.

Then I find out they transferred the names away to some other buyer. I'm really not sure what kind of deals they have under the scene, but it seems very bad to not honor your own e-mails that ask a user to do something and then you don't follow through.

I'm thinking about pulling my business. I've yet to get a response from them.

Actually, that's not an unreasonable business practice... if you don't have current, accurate information on file why wouldn't snapnames sell to someone who does? That's basically your fault. I'd be willing to bet money it's in their TOS that if your card returns on them without funds or unusable, they can and will sell to the next person in line.

While snapnames isn't my fav, I haven't seen any shady dealings there. They just don't seem very motivated to be first in line for drops...

Vivvy

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I disagree only because they sent an e-mail stating what their policy is and said if I update and e-mail them they would re-charge.

Instead, they didn't follow their OWN policy stated directly in the e-mail.

Vivvy said:
Actually, that's not an unreasonable business practice... if you don't have current, accurate information on file why wouldn't snapnames sell to someone who does? That's basically your fault. I'd be willing to bet money it's in their TOS that if your card returns on them without funds or unusable, they can and will sell to the next person in line.

While snapnames isn't my fav, I haven't seen any shady dealings there. They just don't seem very motivated to be first in line for drops...

Vivvy

Also, it's important to note that there were no other bidders in the auction.
I won without any contest. So where did these people come from that Snapnames sold the domains to?

That is what I'm saying about under the table deals...

Something smells.
financialtraffic said:
I disagree only because they sent an e-mail stating what their policy is and said if I update and e-mail them they would re-charge.

Instead, they didn't follow their OWN policy stated directly in the e-mail.

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Directly from the Snapnames TOS:

".....if we determine in our sole discretion that we are unable or unlikely to collect payment, any associated domain registration will immediately terminate and/or the domain name registration will be transferred to SnapNames as the paying entity for the registration. SnapNames may, in our sole discretion, award the reclaimed domain name to the next highest bidder in the relevant auction and charge such bidder their highest bid amount, or make the domain name subject to a new auction among bidders determined by SnapNames."

Regardless of them asking for the new info, according to their own rules which you agreed to, if they don't feel like you're going to send that new info as they requested, they can then go to the next bidder or keep it for themselves. They haven't violated any of their stated business practices.

You made a mistake, you lost the domain ... I just don't see that as a reason to make unsubstantiated claims about this companies business practices.

Vivvy

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fischermx said:
(eNom:)
Not if you have a reseller account like a 8.95 or 6.95 account. Then you pay the 30. + the reseller amount.

[I have an 8.95 account, so I would pay 38.95]

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They sent an e-mail saying that the domains would still be sent once information was updated. And now they have indeed sent one over. Sorry, no mistake made, as I was following their own policy in an e-mail the sent to me.

Also, there were no other bidders on these domains. But one still ended up with someone else. That's really what is "questionable." They must have agreements that by-pass their standard auctions. In other words if nobody claims a certain domain instantly they give certain domain buyers the option to claim them.

Vivvy said:
Directly from the Snapnames TOS:

".....if we determine in our sole discretion that we are unable or unlikely to collect payment, any associated domain registration will immediately terminate and/or the domain name registration will be transferred to SnapNames as the paying entity for the registration. SnapNames may, in our sole discretion, award the reclaimed domain name to the next highest bidder in the relevant auction and charge such bidder their highest bid amount, or make the domain name subject to a new auction among bidders determined by SnapNames."

Regardless of them asking for the new info, according to their own rules which you agreed to, if they don't feel like you're going to send that new info as they requested, they can then go to the next bidder or keep it for themselves. They haven't violated any of their stated business practices.

You made a mistake, you lost the domain ... I just don't see that as a reason to make unsubstantiated claims about this companies business practices.

Vivvy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom