Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

When checking for link popularity do you use www.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irongloves

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to check link popularity for my domains but I have a question.
I've tried to check link popularity of my domains with and without www. in front of it.
For example if you check for ebay.com popularity on marketleap.com try to check ebay.com and then www.ebay.com. You will get two different numbers.

The question is: which one show a realistic value? the one with or the one without the www.?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yours Truly,
irongloves.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
irongloves said:
Hi,

I would like to check link popularity for my domains but I have a question.
I've tried to check link popularity of my domains with and without www. in front of it.
For example if you check for ebay.com popularity on marketleap.com try to check ebay.com and then www.ebay.com. You will get two different numbers.

The question is: which one show a realistic value? the one with or the one without the www.?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yours Truly,
irongloves.

Always with the www.

irongloves

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your fast reply pal.

I have another question for you. Since I have some hundred of domains all without www. Do you know if there's a method to put the www. in front of each domain in the list?

Thanks again,
Irongloves

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
paste the text list into Word one per line
use the replace command to replace the end of line character (^p) with ^pwww.
(including the '.' of course

Afterwards you'll need to fix the first and last line of the results.

if you don't have them easily one per line, you can do the same thing, but replacing the initial ^p with the dividing character (space, comma, TAB or whatever)

NameRegistration

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use excel to list my domains, it helps me to insert more data (such as the date I bought it, category, language, …). If you use this system too (I strongly suggest it if you don’t use a program to manage your domain portfolio), you’ll just have to use the concatenate function like this: =CONCATENATE("www.";A1), where A1 is the cell where you have the domain name. Then you just drop down the formula and you’ll have a column with your entire domain list with the www in front of them. I hope this helps.

irongloves

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameRegistration said:
I use excel to list my domains, it helps me to insert more data (such as the date I bought it, category, language, …). If you use this system too (I strongly suggest it if you don’t use a program to manage your domain portfolio), you’ll just have to use the concatenate function like this: =CONCATENATE("www.";A1), where A1 is the cell where you have the domain name. Then you just drop down the formula and you’ll have a column with your entire domain list with the www in front of them. I hope this helps.

Great suggestions! Thank you very much.

Thanks,
Irongloves

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom