Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

When do they drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A lot of domains I decide not to snap because I figure nobody else will and I'll save $50 by waiting two days. My question is, if snapnames says they fall 9/26 - should my registrar definitely show them available the following day so long as nobody else grabbed them already?

Domain Days 2024

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, assuming no one grabbed them, they should 99% of the time (there is a little less than 1 % that do not drop on time because of miscalculations, registry hold etc...).

No, If someone else grabbed them, you wont see that in the whois until 48 hours after the day they are to drop as it takes that long for whois to update for com/net

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Certain companies are registering nearly ALL of the remaining names that drop. It's called tasting. In this case they are re-droped 4 or 5 days later. I've seen a few instances though where they are picked up by another company doing the same thing..

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How are they allowed to "taste" and then drop the names without paying? Is it the registrar themselves? Why can't I get a taste? :laugh:

NameMogul.com said:
Certain companies are registering nearly ALL of the remaining names that drop. It's called tasting. In this case they are re-droped 4 or 5 days later. I've seen a few instances though where they are picked up by another company doing the same thing..

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it is uncommon knowledge that registars can get a name and drop it within 5 days without paying for it.
Some registrars even allow end users to do this.
Some make you pay a small price for this.
If you Seek, then you will find the registrars that allow this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom