Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

when enough is enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZPoint

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am sure most of you have similar experince in purchasing names, but is there when you say to yourself, is it enough? this is last one??

every day getting different ideas land you tell yourself i am sure this is a good one and instead of one or two, you go and register whole different variation of names and tlds, when should we stop??? any end to this?

some park the name for rev, but how long is this parking business going to last?
some use their other source of income to cover their name purchasing costs, but isnt it best to save that source of income and its kind of profit itself?

or is it just me :)):fencing:

Domain Days 2024

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's never enough :0

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. never lose your dreams. Your ideas are gold if you pursue them. JUST DO IT!!!!!

NZPoint

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hahaha, i thought so, its not just me.. not even posted the thread and getting 2 replies

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But if you don't turn it cash flow positive at some point, You have to recognize that your just a collector, not an investor. In order to go from a hobby to a business you need to be selling and monetizing more than you are buying and registering.

NZPoint

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duckinla said:
But if you don't turn it cash flow positive at some point, You have to recognize that your just a collector, not an investor. In order to go from a hobby to a business you need to be selling and monetizing more than you are buying and registering.

very well said, but there is a but, to do this you have to do this full time business of yours, i am saying that because if you have anything over 100 domains you wont get time to monetize or sell, you got to absuloutly put every effort you got into it and nothing part time.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey, I have started this domain buying for over 10 years but I still have the same problem as you... However, I have given up smoking and thought that I would purchase a domain instead of a cigarrett. It is better for health too.

Don't think too hard about it or you will go crazy.... just do what your heart tells you to do.

Maybe you can cut down on something else, for the financial part! :noidea: :decision:

NZPoint said:
I am sure most of you have similar experince in purchasing names, but is there when you say to yourself, is it enough? this is last one??

every day getting different ideas land you tell yourself i am sure this is a good one and instead of one or two, you go and register whole different variation of names and tlds, when should we stop??? any end to this?

some park the name for rev, but how long is this parking business going to last?
some use their other source of income to cover their name purchasing costs, but isnt it best to save that source of income and its kind of profit itself?

or is it just me :)):fencing:

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pretty soon they will offer a toll free domainers addiction hotline and support organizations like they have for alcohol and gambling...

http://www.CantStopBuying.com

Here's to more buying!!

Now seriously if you are successful at this game and you're not getting carried away (HELOC to finance your next big domain purchase) there's no reason to stop. Like anything else as long as it's not consuming your life keep on buying and selling too :)

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You mean telephone number is 1-800-stop-buy........:brick:

WeBuyThe.Com said:
Pretty soon they will offer a toll free domainers addiction hotline and support organizations like they have for alcohol and gambling...

Here's to more buying!!

Now seriously if you are successful at this game and you're not getting carried away (HELOC to finance your next big domain purchase) there's no reason to stop. Like anything else as long as it's not consuming your life keep on buying and selling too :)

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My motto is stick to dot com, except in very rare occasions.

NZPoint

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WeBuyThe.Com said:

Here's to more buying!!

just to top you up :fencing: http://www.NeverSayEnough.com

hows that sound :peace:

lets see who come up with the next one

maybe turn that into domain forum :)

lyndonmaxewell

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
haha.. that has gotta be crazy! anyway your interest in it must substain as well. i know of one or two people who came into the business and gave up because they cant get their names to sell (at their expectation of course). Sometimes you have to learn the market and get a hold on yourself when you 'overspend'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom