Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

When to place back-orders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roberto

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this and have a few questions:
-Does it matter when I place a back-orders, so could other users see that somebody wants to back-orders a Domain?
-If I'am the only one who back-orders the Domain:greenlaugh: will it go to a auction anyway or is it sure that I will get it if they catch it?

Maybe they use Scripts that place autom. a bit if there someone placing a back-order?!
Or I'm paranoid?

Regards
roberto

HarleyDude

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Drop catching is way more complicated than you think. I gave up on it pretty early on, but I'm sure there are plenty of people around here who have been successful at it. I think it's a waste of time and money.

All of the registrars are connected to a drop catcher. For example, Network Solutions uses SnapNames. So check the domain registrar and see which drop catcher they affiliate with. Using that drop catcher's service (or multiple services) should theoretically increase your chances of success.

As far as knowing about other backorders, you don't. That's how the registrars make their money.

I have found that looking on Sedo or AfterNic or this site yields better domain names with less of a hassle and at about the same price than drop catching, but that's just me.

There's a good article here that has references to other articles.

x

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have given it a few shots and have been successful at getting the names I wanted. :)

But....I am not sure how the drops fall and what madness happens behind the scenes.

I know that I was expecting a bidding battle for one of the names for sure.
It dropped and I didn't get it.
It "captured" by somebody else. I got the email to prove it.
Then, like 3 days later, I got another email saying my catch was successfull.
I was so happy.
I got the name and it didn't cost me more than the 20 bucks I put into drop catcher, which was DNF owned BTW.

Out of 4 names that I tried using this service provide by DNF.
I haven't missed one yet.
Thank you WWD and DNF.

Good luck on you ventures

donate

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,roberto
You may place your back-orders later.
roberto said:
-Does it matter when I place a back-orders, so could other users see that somebody wants to back-orders a Domain?
It's possible.

roberto

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone so far.

@HarleyDude
I don't want to go into this business, but I have to! Sometimes there is no
registrar mail remaining you to renew your Domain or you just have a :greensleep: .

For newbies like me here is a good article,the game is called "Swimming with the Sharks"

Regards
roberto

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom